After a few seconds, Ethan broke out of his stunned state, and I felt him smile against my lips. The tension left his body, and he wrapped an arm around my waist. He kissed me back with equal passion, making my head feel as light as a feather. 

My mind was empty except for a single beautiful thought that kept floating through my mind over and over, 'He loved me.' 

 If it weren't for his hands around my waist, I'd fear I might melt into a puddle. It felt amazing to be in his arms and know he well and truly loved me just as much as I loved him.

 Finally, we broke apart, both our chests rose and fell heavy as we tried to regain our breath. A burning emotion shined through his eyes as he looked at me, and this time I knew exactly what it was; it was love.

His eyes dropped down to my lips once more, before slowly coming back to mine. 

"Please, please tell me I'm not dreaming, and that you're real," he whispered as he stared at me as though he was expecting me to vanish before his eyes. 

I laughed. "Of course, I'm real, you idiot. "And I love you too, Ethan," I whispered as I bit my lip.

His eyed widened. "Are you serious?" he whispered as his eyes frantically searched mine for some sign of deception. 

I shook my head at him in amusement. "Yes, I'm very serious. I'm madly in love you, Ethan," I stated more confidently this time.

 "Okay, I'm about ninety-nine percent sure this is a dream now, this is the typical thing dream you would say," he said as he narrowed his eyes at me in suspicion.

I rolled my eyes at him, and grabbed him by his t-shirt, pulling him in for a second kiss.

 As soon as our lips made contact, he immediately wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me back. Before it could get too heated, I gently pulled myself back.

I smiled up at him. "How real does that feel?" I whispered as I quirked an eyebrow up at him. 

His mouth stretched into a smirk, and he looked back down at my lips. "I'm still not convinced, let's try it again, just to be safe," he mumbled as he grabbed my cheek and started to lean back in.

 I put a hand on his chest to stop him.

 I smiled. "I wasn't born yesterday, Ethan, you clearly know it's not a dream," I laughed. 

He was clearly trying to trick me into repeatedly kissing him. Not that I minded, of course, but that didn't mean I was just going to give my kisses away for free. He's got to earn them! 

"Yeah, I know, but it was worth a shot," he shrugged.

I felt the blood drain from my face as a realization struck me. "You know what I just realized..." I mumbled. 

"What?" he said as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

"If that girl you were talking about this whole time was me. That means...that means I've been jealous of myself for months. Like...like  an idiot." I whispered. 

His eyes lit up in amusement. "Aww, did my little Chubs get jealous of my crush?" he teased as he grinned from ear to ear.

  Of course, the little dickhead was pleased with the idea of me being jealous. 

"Shut-up," I mumbled in embarrassment.

 "Oh, wait, shit!" I cried as I was smacked in the face by another realization. 

"I've indirectly called myself a stupid, blind bitch in my head over and over again," I groaned as I covered my face in humiliation. 

Ethan just laughed. "I'm not sure about the stupid or bitch part, but you might be onto something with the blind. It was a bit worrying how you never clocked on to the fact I liked you," he teased.

I was about to pipe up and defend myself when I suddenly remembered we were supposed to be on a hike.

 "Crap, we're so behind. Do you think anyone's noticed we're gone?" I said as I widened my eyes in panic. 

"Probably," he shrugged. "It's hard not to notice when the hottest guy in your group is gone," he sighed as though he was just speaking straight facts. 

I slowly shook my head at him. "How do you support the weight of that ginormous head?" I asked in amazement. 

"Easily, on this well-built 'Greek-god like body' as you like to put it," he smirked. 

 I didn't even grace him with a response, and just pushed past him and started to continue up the trail.

He let out a long dramatic groan and jogged to catch up with me. "Are you sure you want to catch up? Wouldn't you rather just stay here and make out some more? I don't think they've noticed we've gone," he sang persuasively.

 I gave him a dead-pan look. 

"Okay, or maybe not, it was just a suggestion," he said as he held his hands up in defense.

---------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Chapter 48 is done!!! Woo hoo! I really hope you liked that chapter, and I hope it was cute enough for you  (and if not sorry XD)

So now, we're entering the last section of the book. There's 16 chapters left (and some bonus chapters), in case anyone was wondering.

Thanks for reading xx

Next update: SATURDAY (6-8PM-UK time) - I'm doing an extra update because the last two chapters were slightly on the shorter side.