Forty-Two || Finales

            Elizabeth reread the last few words of her novel, scanning the last page of the story file before clicking save on her keyboard. As she exits from the file and the screen shows her desktop wall paper, she smiles and jumps up from her chair.

          "It's finally done!!!" She exclaimed. Jumping up and down all over her room, doing a little happy dance in silence as she celebrated finally finishing her novel for the second time around.

        Now, she was fairly certain in was a good novel. After reading through it, she was sure it would sell since it wasn't like anything the draft was.

        She listed all it's problems before she started and fixed them, completely changing the plot while keeping it's sci-fi aspect. She considered it to be one of her best works so far and next week she would be passing it to the publishing company of her first-choice, hoping they would accept it and grant her a contract just like how they did with her debut novel.

       She sat back down in her chair and looked up at the ceiling, closing her eyes, drowning in its light. It was already 12 A.M and she had work tomorrow, she figured a day-off would do her good considering everything that happened in her life so far.

         It was just like a magic trick and her life suddenly became less problematic and far more interesting than usual. A year ago, she was just a struggling writer looking for a chance to publish another and earn some money. But now, it seemed like everything set itself in place.

      The better draft is now done. She met Hayden and now had a good coffee place to go to every now and then where a good friend would be available to talk to, Megan was working just like always, their friendship never failed to ease life every time it seemed so hard, and Mark. Mark who finally opened up her heart and helped her move on from the past. A love that never faded from the very beginning.

         She laughed at the thoughts circling around her head before constructing an email to send tomorrow. She planned to hopefully relax and lay her head down in bed the whole day.

         Right after, she stood up and slammed herself down her bed, closed her eyes, and decided to start on her plans.

      She quickly sunk down to sleep. And she would continue to do this until night fell once more.

        The sun was shining down on her as she took a deep breath in and took off her sun glasses. She took a deep breath in before entering the familiar glass doors that led to the lobby of the Apollo Publishing company. The company who sold her debut novel after accepting her for a one-time publishing contract when she was only twenty-three years old.

      Now twenty-five, nearing twenty-six, she meets the same place again after a year of struggle. It has been a long time since she's been pretty sure of herself and she hoped they would take her in once more.