Thirteen || Game Gifts

           Admittedly, Hayden was lazing off. After the 'day-off' he spent with Elizabeth, he remembered the days when he had no work. No cafe to take care of, no employees to pay, and a lot of time to waste.

   These days the cafe was doing pretty well, with constantly above average profit and no broken equipment yet. With the personality he had, before becoming a workaholic, he devised a way to get some more time-off.

   Redecorating was the term. With this, he convinced himself that getting three days off was only right for putting up small statues, new mats, and fake plants up. Well, three days for him at least.

   Realistically, it only took one day. With Elizabeth's mentioned ideas of what goes where, he verbally handed over the information to all of his employees in a big online meeting right after he thought of it.

   Now, people he hired with different shifts and roles in the cafe gathered during the first day of closing. Put their heads together, keeping in mind the plan, they spent the entire day redecorating the cafe.

   That early morning, as soon as Hayden spotted a single employee in front of the shop. He opened the door and turned his door sign from 'OPEN' to' CLOSED'. Fully dressed in athletic gear, he headed out while saying the words,

    "I'll come back this afternoon before six. Make sure everything is finished by then. Somebody must stay to man the cafe before I arrive. Got it, babe?"

    The man who stood before Hayden was a male employee, but after the shameless nickname, he directly walked away, not even waiting for a reply. The employee wasn't stunned being called babe. After doing this part-time job for so long, he knew the antics of his employer from serious to playful. And it seemed like it was one of those days that his boss felt like slacking off.

    Swinging the key chain in his hands, he headed towards his motorcycle parked right outside the shop. He naturally put on his helmet, quickly wore his gloves, and started the ride.

    He almost forgot how good mornings were supposed to be spent after placing all his time on the cafe with the measly reason of paying too many employees is just a waste of hard earned cash. Back then, working himself seemed like a better idea, but after experiencing the morning light shining and the warm breeze as he rode his motorcycle, he was seriously having second thoughts to avoid riding at pitch black dawn.

    He spent that morning to workout more than usual and actually take a jog at a local open field rather than the old treadmill he rode at home. So he headed over, parked his ride, and found a pleasant spot to start his warm-ups.

    There were a couple of people in the open field. It was popular in the area for being very accessible to walks, jogs, training camps, or even public martial art classes. It was a good place to do these kinds of things, but it still kept its relaxing atmosphere because of its wide space. There were no super enormous crowds, it was mostly just people by themselves or small gatherings of 5-10 people.