Twenty || Bowls before Interviews

      Elizabeth packed her soiled clothes in a tote bag she so conveniently brought. Michelle's clothes fitted her. Mark gave her a pair of sweatpants and a clean white shirt. It was still morning and though she was excited about the meeting this afternoon. The hangover feelings still hadn't subsided.

   Taking up on Mark's offer, she set her alarm to wake her up again at 11 A. M. That way, she had about two hours to rest. She laid herself again on the comfy bed and let herself to sleep, not bothering to wrap herself in the blankets.

   Mark stayed in the living room after setting Elizabeth to relax. He thought about how funny she looked, as he saw a blush creeping on her cheeks when she saw him finish his shower. It was also technically his fault for coming out like that; he didn't know she would be there. It was cute for her to be so embarrassed in front of him.

   He headed to his room after little thought. As he passed by the room where Elizabeth was in, he could faintly hear her talk through the thin walls.

   He thought she would insist on going after she washed and called for a friend or something, but a few minutes after, it relieved him how she didn't exit the room.

   She really needed the rest.

   That night, Mark didn't get drunk. He had a great alcohol endurance, and he tried to limit himself that night. It really surprised him to meet Elizabeth again, and he wanted to talk with her, sober. Though she was drunk, it was fun. They got to remember what they did as a child and laughed together. It's good he met her again.

   Mark looked through his phone as he slammed himself down on his soft bed and smiled. Remembering El's presence in the room beside him. He scrolled through his social media. Slowly, the scrolling became repetitive and the phone's lights were making him tired.

   Normally, he wouldn't let himself nap during the mornings, but today the day-off seemed calming. So he agreed to his desires and closed his now tired eyes. Remembering in the back of his head to wake up after an hour to grab brunch.

   Elizabeth woke up as soon as her alarm rang, the annoying sound ringing in her ears. She immediately grabbed her phone beside her and started to aggressively tap on its snooze button. She sighed as the noise finally stopped, and then turned the alarm off.

   She saw it was already 11 A. M as she wanted it to be. So she got her tote bag and decided that now was the time to leave. She didn't feel disgusting anymore. Her head didn't ache and the nausea never acted again. So she made the bed and exited the room, making it as clean as it probably was when Mark brought her here.

   She looked around the house for Mark's presence, planning to say goodbye before she left, thinking it would be rude if she didn't. She walked back and forth in the house but couldn't seem to find him. The last room she thought she'd check was the room which was probably his.