Twenty-Three || Work Advances

           Elizabeth was pumped up to go to the office that Friday. After a few days of working hard, she had finally managed to finish it to the best of her ability. After reading it again and again, she was certain she was satisfied. With the almighty flash drive of the file in her fists she was excited. Of course, she had copied the file into almost every device she had. Just in case.

      So that morning, she placed her bag in her usual seat and smiled as she headed straight towards Tanya's office and knocked.

       "Come in." She promptly heard.

        Elizabeth went in with a smile as Tanya's chair turned towards her, "I've finished the article." She said while she confidently handed the flash drive to her boss.

       "Wow, and a week early." She remarked as she took it in her own hands, " I'll be looking forward to reading this, I will be contacting you by mail if there's anything that needs to be edited. For today, your time is free. Clean-up your desk. I'll give you the feedback or a new project by next week. Okay?"

         Elizabeth, extremely satisfied with herself, nodded joyfully and headed out. As soon as she arrived by her desk, she sat down with pleasure and laughed to herself. Her colleagues didn't seem to care about the weird emotions she had been displaying since this morning. So that day, she cleaned her desk as the time swiftly passed by.

        When she finished, there was only a bit of time left before office hours would finally be over. She sat in her black chair, spinning around at her heart's content. She looked at the ceiling as she did so as she drowned in the sounds of keyboards and pens.

         She was in solace when suddenly, her phone rings out of nowhere. Loudly, it sounds, and suddenly, everyone's eyes turned to her. She quickly grabbed her phone from her desk, tried to smile at everyone as she quickly, yet awkwardly picked up her phone.

      Without placing it close to her ear, she firstly ran to the closest out door space from her office. In this case, it was the door to the emergency stairs just a couple of quick steps away.

        Finally, she placed the phone to her ear as she sat down one of the steps,

     "Hello." She said, in a kind of irritated tone.

       " El? You finally there?"

       "Ha?! Mark!!" She couldn't believe the voice she heard on the line, so she looked at the screen and saw that it was an unknown number.

       " Hahaha, Yes, this is my number, sorry I didn't text you beforehand."

      "No! No...It's all good."

      "So, we just finished the first set of practices and were getting a break, I was wondering if you were free tomorrow?"

       Flustered, Elizabeth answered, " Yeah? Oh...Yep. I am, why do you ask?"