Eight || Moments at Brick

         Elizabeth wandered off to Hayden's cafe, Brick, that one rainy morning. She tried to get something done that night, but she ended up sitting still until the late hours passed, unable to think of anything except the thought of editing or mostly rewriting the whole thing. She wore a pair of jeans and just a comfy sweatshirt. Her under eyes were especially dark today, but she was too lazy to do her makeup, it's fine, she thought. She brought her laptop and her manuscript, along with pens and highlighters.

        Seeing the rain that morning motivated her the most, but the noise disturbed her writing so a nice enclosed space would be nice. The cafe was great as she decided she would get some work done today.

    The bell rang as she opened the front door. There in front of her stood Hayden in his usual half apron.

        "Welcome back regular costumer, you look well." He said smiling.

        The sarcasm in his tone made her laugh as she responded, "The usual breakfast, please.". She had been coming to the cafe for a while now, it being close to her home and a good place to eat, she didn't bother thinking about her meals.

       After paying, Elizabeth made her way to one of the empty tables in the venue. She could see the usual morning cashier she always saw, replace Hayden as he made his way to the kitchen.

      Elizabeth opened her laptop and started working on jotting down some ideas for the rewriting of her story, editing plots and adding new scenarios to make it as seamless as possible.

        Hayden approached her table with two breakfast sandwiches and two coffees with a plate of creamer and sugar.

       "You look busy today." He says as he placing the food down on the table.

         "You haven't had breakfast yet, it's already 9 A.M."

        "Says the one having it now, and besides I was waiting for you." He smoothly replied.

       "Touché, and I doubt it." Elizabeth says taking a bite of the sandwich, "Mmm, the bacon always tastes so heavenly in the morning."

         Hayden nodded to her as he prepared his coffee, adding two packets of sugar and a dash of the creamer. Elizabeth placed her sandwich down and also added one packet of sugar in her coffee.

        "I don't understand how you can live with just one packet of sugar." Hayden mentioned as he looks over to Elizabeth's coffee while taking a sip of his.

       "There's nothing wrong with it, I like it this way."

       "You know, studies say people who drink bitter coffee turn out to be psychopaths." Hayden casually remarked.

        Elizabeth almost spitted her coffee from laughter as she heard what he said, " Hahahaha, how do you know this kind of stuff?"

      "The internet is all knowing." Hayden smiled.