Twenty-Five || Good Cake

           We all know that a scandal about me has spiked the web recently. To my beloved fans: Please do not believe everything that is said online and stay away from people who twist the words and actions of others without knowing reality. Miss Elizabeth Lane is a dear friend of mine and that lunch was just a simple get-together between two friends. We never thought of each other to be suitable in that type of relationship. As a good friend of hers, I wish you would believe this statement and avoid bothering Miss Lane from now on. I would want her to continue living normally and peacefully daily. I hope you all would understand my thoughts. Thank you.

-Mark Hale

         I never knew this situation would come to this. I am sorry for the trouble my presence has caused and I am thankful for the words Mr. Hale had said. It is the truth. We are purely friends and always be. Thank you.

-Elizabeth Lane

          These two posts would be the number one topic of discussion the next day. Mark and Elizabeth worked on the two statements together in the car and planned to post the two together the next morning.

          It worked out pretty well because it somehow the whole scandal was dying down and multiple good feedback was commented on each of the posts, mostly on Mark's.

          Instead, a new topic came up, hailing Mark as 'Soccer's gentleman' for continuing to meet-up with friends even after fame and also caring for them pretty well. Now everybody wanted to be 'Mark's Friend'.

         Amidst all these, Elizabeth wondered how big of an influence Mark had to turn the tide around in one post, just like he suggested, and even make a new title for him out of it. It was somewhat amazing.

          She headed to work that Monday in a bit of a nervous state. She knew that her co-workers would know about everything, so she was a bit reluctant to head inside. With her usual bag and files on hand, she entered the office door and it was just what she had expected. Multiple stares went through her when they saw her view at the entrance. She walked in, trying not to mind it all, but it was all so piercing.

        As soon as she placed her bag on her chair, her desk mate turned towards her,

         "El, you know Mark Hale! Can you introduce me?"

            And it seemed like that was enough for the whole rampage to come in. If one starts, others follow. And that was just what had happened to her. Multiple female and even male colleagues started coming up towards her and asking questions about Mark. Questions like: Are you dating? Are you really friends? Is he that hot in person? And the likes.