Four || Night Out

Elizabeth fiddled with the soft cloth of the dress she wore

         Elizabeth fiddled with the soft cloth of the dress she wore. She had second thoughts about how she allowed Megan to pick her clothes that night. She felt like it never suited her.

        "Oh stop fussing, you look gorgeous." Megan whacked her fingers away from touching the dress and instead held her hand with hers, rubbing her thumb on the back of Elizabeth's hand.

        The dress was beautiful, Elizabeth couldn't lie. It was a sleeveless velvet dress that had ended just at the middle of her thighs. It was designed well, complete with a choker in the same fabric and color and tall nude-colored heels. It had a clean folded finish visible on the edge of the low sweetheart neckline and of the fit-forming skirt's bottom. She was thankful that Megan had given her a black fur jacket to keep what's left of her exposed dignity.

        Elizabeth snuggled the comfortable fur jacket closer as they both approached the entrance of the club that had been just across from them. Megan placed her keys in her purse as they did so and snapped it shut with a quick click. As she did that, Elizabeth made her way to the back of the line, but before she could do so, Megan pulled the hand of hers that she held and pulled Elizabeth back, almost dragging her straight to the golden entrance of the brightly lit club.

        "It's fine." Megan whispered before Elizabeth could argue.

        The two women gave their best smiles to the bouncer, which had resulted in a smile back and a welcome opening of the door.

        Only with Megan this trick works, she thought to herself, remembering her past times going to clubs.

       "Let's go get a drink." Megan started.

       Elizabeth loved staying quiet that night and followed Megan to the bar just at the bottom of the club's stairs. As she took a seat, the stool was cold, touching her bare thighs, but the freezing feeling quickly dissipated by her body heat and the club's atmosphere.

        It was loud. Music was blazing from the big speakers that surrounded the entire room, the lights were shining everywhere which shifted the mood alternately between pitch black and a bright colorful color. People were gathered at the dance floor, all screaming and dancing the night away.

        Elizabeth took off the fur that engulfed her stiff body, for it made her feel hotter and hotter by the second. The slight air that brushed her bare shoulders was calming and balanced out the surrounding temperature.

        Megan took a seat in the stool next to her and placed her purse on the table,

       "So what do you think?"

         "Just like the places we've been before, but it helps? "

        "Hahaha, try to have a little fun El, the night's just beginning."