Eleven || Megan's Excitement

The sunlight seeped in the cracks of Elizabeth's thin curtains, yet the comfort of her room never let the heat inside

          The sunlight seeped in the cracks of Elizabeth's thin curtains, yet the comfort of her room never let the heat inside. She got up to withdraw both her turquoise curtains to their sides to let the bright light fully enter. It opened up the day well, making her feel more energized as she just had woken up.

     Elizabeth cherished the morning. Making her bed for the first time in a hundred years, finally eating an early breakfast, and somehow started work sooner than usual. Sitting on her usual vanity seat, it was comfortable.

     The day's beginning had helped Elizabeth think and write faster with a focused mind. She was happy that she was getting this much progress done, and her momentum wasn't stopping yet.

     Time passed by quickly. A knock suddenly sounded from her front door. She didn't hear it at first, but caught the sound the second time it came around since it was louder than the one before. Elizabeth got up from her seat and heard the knocks that didn't seem to stop.

     "Wait! I'm coming!" Elizabeth shouted to the door as she approached it.

     The knocking finally stopped as she said so. She then opened it and saw the face of her friend, Megan, appear into view.

     "Elizi!!" She screamed as soon as it opened and ran in to Elizabeth's figure, squeezing her into a tight hug. "I haven't seen you in so long!".

     Elizabeth avoided to argue that not that long, but she still hugged her friend in return.

     "Stop with those weird nicknames."

     "Okay, Zibs."

     "Meg, cutting off a part of my name doesn't always make respond. "

     "You just did." Megan smiled as she let go and invited herself to the couch before her. Elizabeth sighed and made her way to the tiny kitchen right beside the living room,

     "Water or juice?" She asked Megan.

     "Water, please."

      Elizabeth prepared just two glasses of cold water from her fridge before making her way over to her friends. She placed the drinks on the coffee table and sat on one of the separate chairs across from her best friend.

     "What's up?"

     "I'm so happy for you!" Megan dramatically exclaimed as she wiped the imaginary tears from her eyes.

     Elizabeth who was actually confused asked, " What are you talking about?"

     "My baby El grew up."

     "Meg..."

     "You were actually with a guy that late at night! Yieeeeee!" She squealed, moving herself closer to where Elizabeth sat.