2 ¦ Expectations & Requirements

New or Returning Members:

Upon joining or returning to E.B.C, you enter into an automatic probationary period. Your book will not be added to the rotation until you have reviewed four consecutive club reads.

Once you have completed this requirement, we will add you to the lineup. To maintain your spot, you must continue to be consistent with reviews or your book will be removed until you become compliant. Then and only then will it be returned to the end of the rotation.

Additionally, over the years we've experienced members dropping out once their work has been reviewed. Not only is this upsetting, it's plain rude. Our dedicated team and members give up their time to provide these services and deserve the decency of people sticking around and doing the same. Since people cannot be mature enough to do just that, the following comes into play if you're behind more than four books:

- You'll be warned only once regarding how behind you are. You'll be given four weeks to catch up. If you haven't caught up within the timeline, we'll remove any and all information regarding your account, book details and reviews you may have received from the EBC account.

- You won't be allowed to apply for the next session (1 year ban). This includes being removed from the Discord group and any events EBC might be running during that time.

- After the ban is lifted, you'll be allowed to apply. However, if you drop out again after receiving your reviews, you'll be banned permanently.

- If you wish to remove the permanent ban, you must prove yourself as a reader who provides reviews.

-All reviews will now be posted in October at the end of the session, and will not be posted until all your reviews have been turned. This is a direct result of the issue mentioned above.

Accepting an invitation to be a writer in this club means making a commitment to review each and every club book for other members. Few exceptions will be made. Reviews may be turned in late if you need a leave of absence. And we will allow reviews for the session until the start of the next.

Established Members:

Members that have proven their commitment to the club, and have their books scheduled to be reviewed, must continue to submit reviews for other members. You can and will lose your place in the rotation if you aren't compliant.

Compliance is expected. If you need a break from the club, you may leave and return following the probationary period listed above upon your return. Returning is subject to space, unless your book has already been read. In which case you can return and catch up on reviews.

Established members can be late and still maintain status in the club as long as they communicate with the mistresses and do catch up. Missing more than two reviews in a row will result in temporarily removing your book from rotation until you catch up on missed reads. You MUST have reviewed at least the four books ahead of your own in the rotation to maintain your spot on the schedule.

The review for the book directly before yours MUST be submitted by the Wednesday before the due date to be eligible for the current read spot. If you do not and do not communicate your lateness, we will move on to the next book on the list and push yours back one. We must know you are compliant with the rules before we post it as the current read.

Notice for all types of members:

This is a club operated by adults; therefore, we're very busy people. With that in mind, this is to let you know we will not be chasing people down for their reviews, contest entries, etc. With that said, you will be notified if we require any of the above. Either through an announcement or a form. If at that time, you don't hand in what we've requested, that's on you, and we'll assume it doesn't matter to you unless you personally tell us otherwise.

Rules on Leaves of Absence:

Members are welcomed to take a leave of absence once a year for a maximum of eight weeks. If you're unable or not interested in returning, we'll remove you from the roster, and you may reapply at any time in the future if there is space available. Exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances and if no people are waiting on the waiting list.

•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•★•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•

These rules may seem harsh and strict, but this club is not for everyone. If you cannot adhere to our standards, then perhaps we're not a good fit. There are many different book clubs and writers' circles on Wattpad. We're confident if you don't fit into ours, you can find another that will.

We strive to provide a fair and consistent environment for all our writers to get quality and helpful feedback. If you're not looking to help others along with yourself, there are plenty of users on Wattpad that provide reviews. You are free to seek help there instead.

We will not tolerate the abuse of the kindness of our consistent members who manage to always provide helpful feedback following our requirements. Therefore, little to no exception will be made concerning compliance. You're still free to take a leave of absence, as outlined above.

If you feel you can keep up with our guidelines, we know you will not be disappointed with the help and support you receive from our amazing members. We welcome you with open arms!