The Price of Love

Timeline: January 1st - January 15th:

Note to EBC Writers/Members: This is a Mistress read, and your review will be used to gage how well you are able to provide constructive feedback to your fellow writers in exchange for theirs.

Author: GoddessV

Author Bio: Hey, I'm a procrastinating writer. I let the world of sleepiness and anime distract me all the time. That aside, love to write when I'm in the mood for it. I began as a poet and finally brought up the courage to attempt storytelling. I hope you like what you read. 

Book Title: The Price of Love

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Short Summary: 

Sonia is married to her high school best friend, and she loves him dearly. But after five years of marriage, she can no longer take the pain of her one-sided love. Her husband, Nate, is a closeted gay man, and she's been waiting for him to come out. Time passes with no luck, so Sonia takes matters into her own hands.

Playing a matchmaker, she finds Trent on a dating website and sets into motion her plans of giving Nate his happily ever after. But plans never go as they're meant to. What happens when Trent finds he doesn't only want Nate, but her as well? What happens when Nate feels the same way?

Find out as you follow Sonia, a woman of boundless love, seeking to bring happiness to the love of her life at the cost of her own, and the men, who'll never let her go. 

Possible Triggers: Light BDSM, some conflict about sexuality, polygamy themes & some mentioning of suicide.

Strongest Writing Trait: Description and striving to create scenes, emotions and reactions realistic as possible.

Weakest Writing Trait: Tenses and either over/under describing.

Help request: I'm looking for beta readers. Those who can nitpick at anything and everything regarding my novel. So, if you happen to read past the initial 3-5 chapters, any and all feedback is welcomed.

Link: You can find the book listed on the profile's reading list.

☆☆☆☆

You have a minimum of two weeks to read as many chapters as you can/want. We ask that you read a minimum of 3-5 chapters to get a good feel for the author's work. Once you've finished reading, you may use the questions provided on the Reading Process chapter to guide you through your review and feedback. The form to hand in your review is available for you through the external link.

If you have any questions, please let us know. Otherwise, have fun!

Happy reading/writing!