~8~

We head back to the Bounty. Zane's dad was standing outside of the ship when we arrived.

"What was that sound? The horns?" He asks

"The Celestial Clock has reached zero. Garmadon's Ultimate Weapon is now operational and the final battle between good and evil has all but begun." Sensei says

"Now Lloyd must face his father." Misako says

"Not to make this about me. But this also means I have to become a vessel for darkness... but you know, who cares?!"

"But where's Nya?" Julien asks, looking around the group.

Kai and Jay look down.

"She's been taken by the Overlord, but we'll get her back. At the moment, there are bigger things at stake, including all of Ninjago itself." Wu finishes

Jay groans, "who cares about Ninjago? Nya was my... my... you know."

"Girlfriend? Just say it. It's not like it's a secret."

"And she's my sister. I know her being captured is tough, but she's tougher. Tougher than most of us. We'll see her again." Kai says, reassuringly.

My uncle turns to address my brother, "Lloyd, your focus gives strength to invoking the power of the Golden Dragon. You cannot lose faith now. Everything rests in your shoulders."

Lloyd looks really worried, "but, Sensei, you saw what happened when I tried to face out father. I... I froze." He looks down and says quietly, "I can't fight him."

"You must. It is written in the scrolls." He instructs.

"Yeah, let's follow what a bunch of old papers say."

"Remember, your father is just as scared." Misako says the Lloyd.

"Then the battle will be decided by who is willing to fight."

"Well you won't be alone." Kai says taking out his fire blade, "I'll be right behind you. You have my fire."

Cole takes out his earth blade, "and you have my earth."

Zane steps up with the others, ice blade in hand, "and my ice."

"And lightning!" Jay exclaims, unsheathing his lightning blade.

Sensei and Misako step up beside Lloyd as well, both putting a hand in his shoulders.

"We're all in this together, kid." Cole says

I had an eyebrow quirked the whole time this was happening, feeling rather bored this whole sentimental moment.

"It's lovely that he has a ninja support team willing to back him up... I used to have one of those. And not to make this about me, but are we gonna ignore the fact that I still don't know how I'm gonna control all this darkness once I become the vessel?"

Lloyd smiles at the others, but then looks to me, and I know what he's thinking. He's grateful for the others having his back, but if I'm not there helping him, he can't really succeed in this fight. No one else can handle that much darkness... but then again, I can't handle that much darkness either. So what do I know?

He gives me a smile, eyes pleading.

I wave my hand nonchalantly, saying, "yeah yeah yeah, you've got my..." I stop moving, just sorta blinking for a few seconds, "well whatever I've got." I finish with a slight laugh.