The Next Mission

Ruby's POV

My team and I made it back to Beacon.

Team JNPR approached us.

"Hey, guys," Jaune said, "we heard about what happened. Are you guys alright?"

While Weiss, Blake, and Yang stopped to talk to them, I pushed past JNPR.

"Ruby?" Pyrrha said. "Where are you going?"

"I need to check something," I said.

'(Y/N), I swear to Oum, if that was you!'

Timeskip

I walked over to (Y/N)'s dorm.

I could hear him talking to Connor on the other side.

'Please let me be wrong! Please let me be wrong!'

I put my ear against the door, listening to the conversation.

"You know, we should really make something that can take this thing off for me!" I heard (Y/N) say.

'Oh, please don't let that be armor he's talking about...'

"That's not a bad idea," Connor said. It sounded like he was trying to tug something off of something else. "Save us the trouble of taking off this shocking thing!"

He chuckled. "First time I've heard you say shocking."

"Well," he said, "I guess I'm a little more alive now."

He chuckled. "I can tell. Now let's focus on taking this off!"

'He's talking about armor, isn't he? That's it!'

I opened the door, and I saw (Y/N) wearing the armor from before, and Connor trying to help him take it off.

They stared at me in shock.

I gasped and covered my mouth.

"Are! You! SERIOUS?!" I shouted.

"Look, just let me explain--" (Y/N) started.

"Are those bullet holes?!" I said.

"You were there," he said. "You saw what I did. How does bullet holes surprise you?"

"What are you wearing?! Why did you attack the White Fang?! What is going on?!"

"Could you shut the door behind you?" he said. "I'm not comfortable with people knowing about this."

"(Y/N), I'm not joking!"

"And neither am I. Please shut the door."

I sighed. I walked into the room, shutting the door behind me.

"Could you please explain this to me?" I asked.

"I will," (Y/N) said. "But first, I would very much like to get out of this thing, could you help me with that?"

(Y/N)'s POV

Connor, Ruby, and I had finally managed to get the armor off.

I started walking over to a desk, and I picked up a lock chip.

"You busy?" I asked Ruby. "Mind if I send you on an errand?" I walked up to her. "I need you to go to my office. You're going to hack into the mainframe and you're going to retrieve all the recent shipping manifests." I handed her the lock chip. "This is a lock chip. This'll get you in. It's probably under Executive Files. If not, they put it on a ghost drive, in which case you need to look for the lowest numeric heading."