Return

Ruby's POV

About an hour ago, we'd gotten the message that (Y/N) had finally been found after 3 months.

Everyone was relieved to find this out, including me. I didn't like him, but nobody deserved to die. Plus, I still hadn't gotten to apologize.

My team stood at the landing spot as the bullhead flew down to us.

Weiss stood in front, the most excited to see him again.

I wasn't mad that he was alive of course. I didn't hate him that much, but I wasn't too happy to see him again.

(Y/N) walked out of the bullhead, making his way over to Weiss.

Weiss ran up to him.

"Are you okay?!" she said. "I-I heard that you'd disappeared and I... I..." She sighed, and held her hand out to him. "It's good to see you again."

I expected him to take her hand and say that it was good to see her again, but his reaction was far different than I expected.

He stared at her hand for a moment. Then, he started to tear up.

I grew a little concerned.

Suddenly, he was crying, and he gave Weiss a massive hug.

I was shocked.

"I'm sorry!" he cried. "I'm so sorry!"

I walked up to him.

'What's going on?'

"Um... are you okay?" I asked.

He let go of Weiss, who seemed just as shocked as I was.

He looked at me for a moment, before looking at the floor.

At this point, my past hate was starting to fade away, and was being replaced with concern.

"Hey," I said. "I didn't get to say, I'm sorry for lashing out at you the other night."

"You shouldn't be," he said. "I deserved every second of it."

I could not believe what I was hearing.

"Are-Are you okay?" Yang asked.

He shook his head. "I shouldn't be here," he grumbled. "I don't deserve to be here. I hurt people."

I didn't understand what happened. This wasn't the (Y/N) (L/N) I'd come to hate. This was someone else entirely.

He looked at Blake. "She's the faunus, right?"

Weiss nodded.

He walked up to her. "I'm so sorry..." he said.

He started walking away.

I watched him go.

All of us could not believe what had just happened.

"What just happened?" Yang said.

"He must've gone through a lot," Weiss said.

"What is he sorry for?" Blake asked.

I didn't say a word. I just watched him leave.

I didn't know how, but most of my hatred for him had gone away fast.

(Y/N)'s POV

Another announcement was about to be made. Normally I'd be excited to see all eyes on me, but now, after everything I'd learned about what I'd done, I didn't deserve to have all eyes on me.