The White Fang

(Y/N)'s POV

I woke up in an instant.

I looked around my surroundings. I was lying on a really uncomfortable bed, in some kind of a cave, and a tube in my nose.

I grabbed the tube, and started pulling it out. It felt disgusting, and super uncomfortable, but I really wanted it out.

I managed to pull the whole thing out, and tugged the tape off my nose.

I looked to my left, and saw what looked like a cup of water on a nearby table. I tried to reach for it, but my weak hand knocked it off the table.

I started coughing.

That was when I noticed a cat faunus shaving off to the side.

'He must be one of them.'

I tried to reach for another cup of water, but as I rolled over, some kind of wire attached to my chest kept me from moving reaching it.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," the faunus said.

I turned to whatever it was the wire was connected to. It was... a car battery?

I looked at my chest, which was covered with bandages.

I placed my hand on my chest, feeling some kind of round, mechanical object.

'What is that?'

I started to tug at them, slowly tearing them off.

Soon, I managed to tear the whole thing off, revealing what was on my chest.

I started to pant in panic, confusion, and fear.

Timeskip

I hadn't spoken to the faunus for a few minutes. I did not want to talk with one of my enemies. Especially considering... whatever it was he did to my chest.

But, after a few minutes, I decided to start talking.

"What the hell did you do to me?" I asked.

He looked at me.

"What I did?" He chuckled. "What I did is to save your life."

'Save me? Give me a break.'

"I removed all the shrapnel I could, but there's a lot left," he explained, "and it's headed into your atrial system."

'Shrapnel?'

"Here, want to see?" he asked. He picked up a glass vial. "I have a souvenir. Take a look."

He tossed it to me. I grabbed it, glaring at him. I lifted the glass, looking inside. There were small pieces of shrapnel inside.

"I've seen many wounds like that in my village," he said. "We call them the walking dead because it takes about a week for the barbs to reach the vital organs."