Escape

(Y/N)'s POV

We were preparing for our escape.

I wrapped sports tape on my hands, while Yinsen got the chestplate ready.

I put my orange jacket and black, leather gloves on. We set up my neck brace.

We set the armor up around me, and started to get it prepared on my body.

I would've let Yinsen use it, I didn't deserve to make it out of here alive, but I was the one with the arc reactor to power the thing, so I didn't have much of a choice.

We looked back, making sure no one was coming to the door. We were hiding in a spot we'd set up so the cameras couldn't spot us, so we had to make sure everything was fine.

"Okay?" Yinsen said, when we were certain everything was fine. "Can you move?"

I clenched my fist.

"Okay, say it again?" he said.

As he prepared the suit, I explained the plan to him. "41 steps straight ahead. Then 16 steps, that's from the door, fork right, 33 steps, turn right."

We heard a voice at the door.

"Yinsen! Yinsen! (L/N)!"

'They must've noticed we were hiding.'

"Say something," I whispered.

"Hang on a second!" he said.

'Alright, let's hope the explosives we set up work.'

I could hear them opening up the door, and then the sound of an explosion. I could feel the debris fly passed me.

"How'd that work?" I asked as Yinsen looked at the results of the explosion.

"Oh my goodness!" he said. "It worked all right."

"That's what I do."

"Let me finish this."

"Initialize the power sequence."

"Okay."

He headed to our laptop.

"Now!" I yelled.

"Tell me! Tell me!" he said.

"Function 11," I said. He did as I told him to. "Tell me when you see a progress bar. It should be up right now."

"Yes," Yinsen said.

"Talk to me! Tell me when you see it!"

"I have it!"

"Press Control 'I'!"

"'I,'" he said, pressing the keyboard.

"'I,' 'Enter,'" I said. "'I' and 'Enter.'" He did as I told him. "Come over here and button me up."

He started working on the armor.

As he worked, we could hear people running to our room, yelling.

"They're coming!" Yinsen said.

"Just get it done!" I said.

"They're coming!" Yinsen repeated, gritting his teeth.

He looked at the progress bar. It was halfway there.

"Make sure the checkpoints are clear before you follow me out, okay?" I said.

"We need more time..." I heard him say.

'What is he planning?'

He turned to me.

"Hey..." he said, "I'm gonna go buy you some time."