Kidnapped

Ruby's POV

The school was starting to get ready for (Y/N)'s demonstration of his latest weapon. Everyone was boarding airships, and we were moving to an abandoned location to show off the weapon.

I was walking to my airship, looking around for (Y/N). I wanted to apologize. Despite how much I didn't like him, I did go a little nuts last night.

"Anyone seen (Y/N)?" I asked.

"Nope," Weiss said.

"Uh uh," Yang said.

"Over there," Blake pointed.

I followed her hand, and I saw him walking into his own bullhead.

"Be right back," I said.

"Where are you goi--"

Before Yang could finish, I used my semblance to dash over to him.

"Hey, (Y/N)?" I said.

"Not now," he said, getting into his bullhead.

"Wait, I just want to talk," I said.

"Well, I have a busy schedule," he said. "So, once we're done with the demonstration, I'll let you talk. Which you should probably thank me for. I don't usually let people talk to me after they scream to my face."

I sighed. 'Jeez, I can't believe I'm going to apologize to this guy. But I did go a little overboard, so.'

"Fine," I said.

"Good," he said. "Now, go back to your airship. And tell Weiss I said hi."

He stepped into the airship, and the doors closed as the bullhead started to lift off the ground.

I used my semblance to dash back over to my airship.

"What happened?" Yang asked.

I grumbled. "He says hi, Weiss," I said.

(Y/N)'s POV

It had taken a few minutes, but we'd managed to make it to the testing grounds.

We were standing at a cliff, looking over a large forest with mountains in the distance.

I was waiting off to the side for the demonstration to start, with Obadiah standing next to me. He placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I just know this is going to go great, (Y/N)," he said. "These people are going to go crazy."

I smiled. "Yeah."

I was looking at Ruby. She was absolutely gorgeous. I'd met plenty of women in the past, but none of them I really considered to be special. Ruby was something else. There was something about her that made me want to spend as much time with her as possible, despite our argument last night. It was pretty much the only reason I let her talk to me after the demonstration after the argument from last night.

He must've noticed me staring. "You okay?" he asked.

I snapped back into reality. "Y-Yeah. Fine."

"And now," we heard Ozpin saying to his students, "Mr. (L/N) is going to present his latest weapon."

Obadiah patted me on the back. "Go get 'em, kid!"

I chuckled as I walked in front of the students, my back facing the cliff and the mountains.

I began my speech. "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, 'Is it too much to ask for both?' With that in mind, I humbly present the crown jewel of (L/N) Industries' Freedom Line. It's the first missile system to incorporate our proprietary repulsor technology. They say the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it. That's how Remnant does it. And it's worked out pretty well so far. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee you the bad guys won't even want to come out of their caves."