True Colors

Ruby's POV

I was sitting in my bed in my team's dorm, wearing my pajamas. The others were discussing (Y/N).

"He's as discriminatory as you were the other day," Blake said, referring to their argument before she'd run off.

"I'm not arguing with that," Weiss said. "I'm just saying, he's not a complete jerk."

I watched the others argue about if (Y/N) was innocent or not.

While they argued, I continued to think to myself.

'What is up with him? Why does he act the way he does? What does he have against the faunus? I wish I could just ask him. Wait... that's not a bad idea.'

"You okay, Ruby?" Yang said.

I looked to Yang. "Yeah. I'm fine."

"So, how long have you known (Y/N)?" Yang asked Weiss.

"Half my life," Weiss answered. "Last time I saw him was a year before I came to Beacon."

"How close were you two?" Yang asked.

"Pretty close," she said. "We'd hang out all the time, talking about our points of view, hanging out with Connor, stuff like that."

"Who's Connor?" Yang said.

"(Y/N)'s android."

"He has an android?!" Yang, Blake, and I said at the same time.

"Yup," Weiss said. She smiled. "He was always my best friend. I'd never had many friends before you guys. He was one of the few friends I ever had." She seemed very nostalgic. "You know what? I'll be right back."

She got up and headed to the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm gonna go talk to (Y/N)," she said.

"Could I come?" I asked.

Weiss looked at me confused. "Why? I thought you didn't like him."

"I don't," I said as I climbed down from my bed. "I just have some questions to ask him."

"Alright," she said. "Come on."

I followed her out of our dorm.

(Y/N)'s POV

"They say the best weapon is one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once." I was rehearsing my lines for tomorrow's demonstration.

"That was great, Sir," Connor said.

"Didn't ask," I said. "I know it was great. It's me."

I heard a knock at the door. "Could you get that, please?" I asked.

"Of course, Sir," Connor said.

I whispered my lines to myself.

"Sir, it's for you," Connor said.

I turned around, and I saw Weiss and one of her friends standing at the door. I didn't know her name. I didn't know any of their names. But this was the one who'd been dressed in red and black.

I had to admit, she looked stunning in her pajamas.

"Hello, Weiss," I said. I turned to the girl in black. "Still haven't gotten your name."

She crossed her arms. She clearly didn't like me at all. I could change that.

"Her name is Ruby Rose," Weiss said. "She's the team leader."