42 - the warlock king

*

*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*

As the days passed, you noticed everyone seemed a little off. Smiles weren't reaching their eyes and laughs weren't as genuine. So you decided to call a small meeting.

"Have I done something, guys?" You asked nervously. Their stoic looks were replaced with ones of sympathy.

"No, no way!" Jimin cried, walking next to you to wrap his arms around you. It was like a weight was lifted off your shoulders and you sent them a small smile.

"That's good. Then what's wrong?" Jimin turned away sheepishly, avoiding eye contact as you frowned slightly. "What?"

"Well," Namjoon started, twiddling his fingers. "We didn't want to worry you." You motioned for him to keep talking. "There's people watching us." His voice dropped to a whisper and you felt as if your blood had run still.

"How long?"

"What?" Jin asked.

"How long have you known?"

Yoongi looked sheepish as he tried to avoid your eyes. "Uh, well, since they came?" Disappointment rushed through you and you noticed that they all looked guilty.

"We didn't want to scare you," Hoseok spoke up, placing a hand on your shoulder. "We thought they'd leave."

"Who is it?" Namjoon coughed awkwardly.

"Well, uh, funny thing about that..."

"They work for Alatar," Jimin interrupted, noting that Namjoon wouldn't be able to finish his sentence. "They want us, or more specifically, you."

You gasped quietly and Hoseok's grip on your shoulder tightened protectively. "Why me?"

Jungkook shook his wings as he stepped a bit closer towards you. "You know what you are now and you remember. You could easily take him down. You're powerful."

"Powerful? I don't even know what I can do!" No one was helpful as they all stared at you blankly and you giggled quietly. "Thanks for telling me. I know we can work something out." They all sent you smiles and Hoseok cuddled into your side, nuzzling his face into your neck as Yoongi came and played with your hair. You sighed in happiness.

The calm before the storm.

*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*

You had quickly snuck outside to throw away the rubbish, keeping your eyes and ears peeled for any mysterious people or sounds. But nothing.