31 - portal

thank you all so much for your support and all your kind words

thank you all so much for your support and all your kind words. you all honestly made me feel so much better and i couldn't ask for better readers 😭🥺💜
resi it is

and thank you for 60k reads, wowow

*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*

As you finished eating dinner, you felt yourself growing anxious. It was almost time to go to the portal, and you weren't sure how to feel. On one hand you were excited to get your memories back and see the place you supposedly grew up in, but at the same time, your memories had been wiped for a reason.

Jin noticed your anxious state and intertwined his fingers with yours as Namjoon began to lead everyone in the direction of the portal. The sun was beginning to set, filling the sky with beautiful pastel pinks and purples. The sight almost managed to calm you down.

Jin rubbed his fingers soothingly over your hand and sent you an ethereal smile when you made eye contact. The tips of your ears burned red at the siren's gaze. How could someone look that good? It wasn't fair. "It'll be okay," he whispered to you. "We'll be here with you every step of the way." You nodded, grateful for his words, but the nerves in your stomach were still strong.

You followed Namjoon and the others through the forest, watching as the lake sparkled in the moonlight. You let go of Jin's hand and walked over to the lake, admiring the way the water looked even more blue under the night sky.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" You gasped quietly and turned to see Jungkook looking at you.

"The water? Yeah, it is," you said, a smile appearing on your face as you turned back to the water.

"Yeah, the water," Jungkook said, his voice trailing off. But he wasn't looking at the water. He was looking at the way your eyes sparkled in the moonlight. The reflection of the blue water dancing in your amethyst eye, making it swirl and sparkle. He really hoped you would still like him after you got your memories back.

"This way," Namjoon called out, standing in front of a few bushes that covered the path towards the portal. You frowned, how was there even a path there? It looked overgrown.

Namjoon seemed to notice your confusion and sent you a smirk, waving his hands. Your jaw dropped as the bushes moved to the side, creating a clear path. All the foliage had moved actually, leaving a smug Namjoon standing, hands now in his pockets. "Come on. We don't have all night."

You rolled your eyes and watched as everyone trailed after him. Everyone except Jimin. The angel was standing by the path, his wings flapping erratically. He was nervous. You walked over to him and took his hand. "It'll be okay, Jimin. I'm sure whatever you remember isn't that bad."