"(Y/N)?" Obadiah said. "What are you doing here--"

"What! Did! You! Do?!" I repeated.

"I don't know what you're talking--"

"Don't play dumb!"

He smirked at me, and placed his arm on my shoulder. We started walking away from the rail.

"(Y/N)," he said. "I told you I'd give you time to get your head straight. Unfortunately, I ran out of patience."

"I specifically told you--"

"(Y/N), we need to keep this company alive. And we at (L/N) Industries have a duty to--"

"Don't you give that 'duty' bullcrap, you son of a glitch! I gave you instructions, and it's your job to follow them!"

We stopped at the wall, near a mirror.

"(Y/N), look at this mirror," Obadiah said. "You see that? That is the future of our company. And our company is expecting that face to make the right decisions."

"So killing an entire race because of what one group has done is the 'right decision'?" I said. "You don't know what the 'right decision' is. I'm not letting my parents' legacy end with slaughter."

"I've given you more than enough opportunities, (Y/N)," he said. "And you just keep throwing them away."

"And I will continue to," I said.

"Dear Oum, (Y/N)! What do I have to do to get your head straight?!"

"My head is way more straight than yours. I will not let my company be responsible for the deaths of innocents, faunus or not!"

He was clearly pissed. "Well then... I guess we have to agree to disagree. Now..." he started walking away, "I have some business to attend to you. Enjoy the party, (Y/N)!"

He started walking down the stairs.

I looked back at the mirror.

I saw Ruby and Connor walking up behind me.

"Don't worry, (Y/N)," Ruby said. "Team RWBY will try to stop them. I promise."

I didn't respond. I continued to look at the mirror.

'This is (Y/N) (L/N)?! The face of (L/N) Industries?! A company of murderers?! What has this world come to?! Shock it! Shock everything!!!!'

I slammed my fist against my reflection, causing it to shatter.

I heard Ruby squeal behind me in surprise.

I looked at my shattered reflection, and watched the blood drip from my fist.

"(Y/N), you're bleeding!" Ruby said.

I didn't listen. I remembered when I escaped the caves.

'The... the armor! I know what to do!'

I turned around and stormed out of the party, my bloody fist clenched.

"(Y/N)!" I heard Ruby call. "Where are you going?!"

"There's something I need to do," I said.

Timeskip

I was in my dorm, preparing a new and massively improved suit of armor to destroy my weapons with.

I turned on some background music while I was at it.