Ch. 12: The Results

Comincia dall'inizio

F/N: "Hey, Aunt May."

May: "Oh, F/N. Perfect timing. Dinner is just about ready. And..."

She stopped stirring and walked over to the counter where she picked something up. she took it and turned back to face me.

May: "...here's a gift."

She held up a sealed letter with U.A.'s logo on it. 

F/N: "It's finally here!"

May: "That's right. I'd ask you to wait to open until after dinner, but you've waited long enough. Go listen to it. I'll make a plate for both of us in the meantime.

F/N: "Yes, ma'am."

I took it and practically sprinted upstairs to look into it. I plopped the envelope on my desk and just looked at it for a second. I wasn't sure what it would say. Maybe they reconsidered and decided they didn't want an ex-vigilante at their school. My nerves were getting to me. I took a breathe and moved to open it.

F/N: Whatever happens, happens.

I tore the envelope open and inside was a letter and a circular device. One I put it on my desk it came to life. A projection of All Might in a yellow suit with his signature smile appeared in front of me.

All Might: "I am here as a projection!"

F/N: All Might! Why would he show up for U.A.? Oh no. Is he here to tell me that I will be punished for crimes as a vigilante. He was there after I was initially arrested.

All Might: "You may think because you are seeing me that you are in some kind of trouble! Fear not, young man! I bring good news! I am appearing in U.A.'s message for one reason only. I've come to teach at U.A."

F/N: "What? No way!"

Somebody tapped All Might on the arm in the video, whispering something to him that I couldn't hear.

All Might: "Hmm? What is it? Get to the point? I just wanted to reassure him everything was fine. We're on a tight schedule?" 

F/N: So I'm not in trouble? What does that mean regarding the exam?

All Might: "Uh, all right. Back to business. You did okay on the written exam. I know you would've done better if you had more time to study and prepare. However, on the practical exam, you showed more skill and promise. 33 villain points lands you a decent score. However, we were not looking only for villain points. The hero course would never reject those who put themselves at risk to save others. you already know that this is a job that requires risking one's life to save others. Those words aren't just lip service! When your fellow examinees were in danger, you stepped in to help them, even if you would earn no points for doing so. Or so you thought. Rescue points! Points given by a panel of judges for those who took risks to help others. It is the other fundamental way for U.A. to test you!"

The screen changed to show my scores. Under villain points was 33. Under rescue points was 50!

All Might: "For F/N Parker, 50 rescue points! For Tsuyu Asui, your fellow examinee who assisted you, 45 rescue points! You both pass! As does Toru Hagakure!"

F/N: Is this really happening?! I never thought I'd make it here!

I could feel tears welling in my eyes. All Might reached his hand forward.

All Might: "Come, F/N Parker! This is your hero academia!"

F/N: "...O-Okay. Yes, sir."

I went back downstairs where Aunt May had placed our plates on the table. I hugged her tight and spun her around the kitchen. She was surprised but chuckled. I let her go.