Mom puts her hands on my shoulders and leads me out of my room.

"But Mom-"

"You need to see your dad," Mom says.

"Alright," I say.

When I reach downstairs, I see a blue figure waiting on the sofa, hidden behind a newspaper.

"Dad," I call.

Dad puts the paper down.

Wait, that isn't my dad. I have to try really hard to not to do what I'm going to do. I don't want to hurt his feelings.

But I end up laughing my ass off. "Oh my God! Dad!"

He is wearing a skin-tight blue costume of Superman, which hangs to his natural body shape and belly fat. His thin hair is gelled back. The big S in his chest glitters because of the gold shimmers around it.

The most amazing part of the costume is the underwear. My dad is sitting on the couch with his costume and a big red underwear over it.

I mean, come on, Superman's costume wouldn't be completed without it.

"Don't!" Dad warns.

I can't stop laughing. "The underwear!"

"I said don't," Dad warns again. Behind me, Mom laughs a little.

"Honey, you look amazing, trust me."

"Of course, it was your idea!" Dad complains, pointing an accusing finger at mom.

I turn around and say, "So you are supposed to be Lois Lane?"

"Yes, and don't I look perfect?" Mom says, smiling.

"Of course you do! High five," I raise my palm, and Mom high-fives back.

"I better own this." Dad stands up, gives a tug at his red cape, and I laugh a little again.

"Every girl thinks their dad is superman. You made it true, literally."

Dad shakes his head as I laugh. Mom joins me.

"Let's take a picture," Mom suggests and takes out her phone. She takes a selfie.

"It doesn't make sense, you know, how Superman and Lois Lane gave birth to a vampire daughter," I say.

"And an Elton John son," Mom says and shows me Sam's Instagram story. My brother has dressed up as Elton John.

"I wish he was here," I say. Mom nods in agreement.

A car honks outside.

"That must be your friend," Mom says.

Jason is supposed to pick me up for the party that is at the Carlsons' house. I remember the last party I had there, which led to a lot of things, which led to this.

"Yup," I say. "That's him."

As I open the door, Jason gets out from his car in his black costume, a weird helmet tucked under his arm. I have no idea who he is supposed to be.

Although we went shopping together, we ended up buying our stuff separately. It was Jason's idea that we shouldn't know what the other is dressing up as.

His black cape flutters in the air as he steps towards us.

"And you are?" I ask.

Jason gives me a look. "I will give you one more minute."

I frown, concentrating, trying to remember if I have seen that helmet before somewhere.

"Meet my parents," I say. "Mom, Dad this is Jason. Jason, Mom and Dad."