But, I still had some things I needed to say.

Connor walked up to me. "It's good to see you again, sir," he said.

I looked at him. I started to get some memories of Yinsen back.

"Got a family?" I asked.

"Yes," he answered. "And I will see them when I leave here. And you, (L/N)?"

Connor might be the only family I might get. There was still Obadiah, but he'd inspired me to hurt all the innocent faunus I'd hurt in the past.

'I haven't really treated him too well, have I? I should fix that.'

"Just... call me (Y/N)," I said.

"(Y/N)!"

I turned to the sound of Obadiah's voice. He was walking over to me and he hugged me.

I didn't hug back.

He let go of me. "How've you been? What happened?"

"I woke up," I answered.

I heard Ozpin finishing his announcement on the stage.

"And now, Mr. (L/N) will come to the stage."

"Should I start the music, sir?" Connor asked.

"I told you to call me (Y/N)," I said. "And no. No music."

"No music?" Obadiah said. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm better than I've ever been," I said.

I walked onto the stage without another word.

Ruby's POV

The audience started to applaud as (Y/N) walked on stage.

I sighed, knowing he was enjoying the attention.

"No!" he shouted, waving his hands at the audience. "Stop! Shut up!"

The audience slowed their applause.

"Yeah," he said. "Please stop. After everything I did, I do not deserve a round of applause for being alive."

That made me feel awful. It looked like he'd really changed from the (Y/N) I'd hated a few months back.

He started talking to the audience. "Please, no questions. I want this over with as quickly as possible. I never got to say goodbye to Dad. I never got to say goodbye to my father. There's questions that I would have asked him. I would have asked him how he felt about what this company did. If he was conflicted, if he ever had doubts. Or maybe he was every inch the man we all remember from the newsreels."

I guess I sorta understood how he felt. I still had some questions I'd like to ask my mother. Nothing like what the ones he had, but I still understood.

"I saw an innocent faunus killed by the very weapons I created to defend innocents," he continued. "You'd think that I wouldn't be fazed by that. I'm supposed to hate faunus. But... this one showed me that faunus aren't what people like my father said they are. They aren't what Obadiah says they are. They're... just like me. Just like every other human."

I saw him start to tear up.

'Oh no...'

I don't think I could've felt more terrible for him at this point.

"I saw that I had become part of a system that is comfortable with zero accountability," he continued, wiping the tears away. "I had my eyes opened. I came to realize that I have more to offer this world than just making things that blow up. And that is why, effective immediately, I am ending my war with faunus, and I am shutting down the weapons manufacturing division of (L/N) Industries until such a time as I can decide what the future of the company will be."

The reporters in the room stood up trying to ask questions.

I couldn't believe it! This wasn't (Y/N)! He had changed completely from the guy from before!

I looked at my teammates, and their jaws were dropped.

I looked back up at (Y/N), and I saw Obadiah Stane walking up to him, and tugging him away from the mic.

He walked up to the mic, and he spoke to the audience.

"What we should take away from this is that (Y/N)'s back!" he said. "And he's healthier than ever. We're going to have a little internal discussion and we'll get back to you with the follow-up."

Timeskip

We were running through the halls near the stage, looking for (Y/N).

We all wanted to know what had happened to him.

Soon, we saw him sitting on a bench, with Obadiah pacing in front of him.

"Well," he said. "That was... that was something."

"It was the right thing to do," (Y/N) said.

"'The right thing to do'?" Obadiah said. "Who's going to protect the innocent if we don't fight back against the White Fang?! What we do matters!"

"That's not what I saw," (Y/N) said. "I watched an innocent faunus die. Killed by the weapons I made. I experienced the pain I have caused others! And I am not letting that happen to anyone else!"

"(Y/N), this is what we do," Obadiah said. "We're iron mongers. We make weapons."

"I think we should take another look into arc reactor technology."

Obadiah laughed. "The arc reactor, that's a publicity stunt! (Y/N), come on! We built that to shut the hippies up!"

"It works."

"Yeah, as a science project."

(Y/N) sighed. "I shouldn't have listened to you."

"Excuse me?"

"All these years I've been listening to you. You've been making me kill so many people."

"I've been keeping you from making a mistake."

"You've been making me a terrorist."

He walked down the hall away from (Y/N). "I'll give you time to wake up. You're gonna need it."

"I'm more awake then ever!"

He turned around and saw us watching.

Weiss walked up to him.

"Are you okay?" she asked. "You're not yourself."

"Good," he said.

I walked up to him. "What happened to you?" I asked.

"I..."

He shook his head and walked past us.

I watched him go.

'I hope he's okay...'