Chapter-14

I woke up to a warm cuddle I was in. 90 percent of me didn't wanted to get off the warmth but the other 10 percent were the responsible ones and made me got off. I understood I was being embraced by Aria and that felt good in someway. I silently let myself get untangled from her by not waking her up and that's when I noticed that Akshay and Aria were the only people that were sleeping now. Mathew. My heart skipped a beat. He doesn't deserved this. I walked down the stairs after doing the morning routine. I checked the clock in the living room. It was 10 in the morning and still I was sleepy. "Oh you awake" I nodded at Ruby's statement, "any news about Mathew?" I asked, care entangled in my words. "About that. The sheriff wants to see us" I nodded again, who will believe 12 year olds words? I shrugged. We heard door getting closed in a bit loud sound and before we could go up Aria came downstairs. "Akshay is a heavy sleeper. I accidentally slammed the down and it was a bit loud, I am sure you both might have heard it, but then also Akshay wasn't awake." We sat down and discussed about the sheriff needing to meet us probably to ask so many questions that probably we don't know the answer to. We were too concentrated on the conversation we were having that we didn't noticed Akshay coming down and settling with us. He yawned and we looked at him. "What?" He asked and then it hit him. "He is alright, huh? He just went home early, right?" And seems like the faces we had gave him the answer that he, too, looked disappointed and sad.

We were asked to join for breakfast but as how much we weren't hungry, we decided to famish ourselves till we will leave to meet the sheriff and our parents, when we will drink cold coffee. We waited for half an hour before leaving to the sheriff's office and as promised, Ruby's parents bought us coffees. As soon as the caffeine hit my tongue a different wave of energy swished through me. Caffeine could really do some Magic. Shortly after that we reached the office which had a few familiar cars parked in front, one of which broke my heart. It was the Jeep Wrangler of Mr and Mrs Claire. I took a deep breath before taking another step towards the office. I made myself believe by telling everything will be alright. That was the only thing I could do right now. Telling myself everything will be alright when I clearly knows the answer. Why do I get a stupid word Like this? We went in to the office where there were parents of all of us along with a man who had salt and pepper style of hair. "Good morning mr. Budger." Mrs. Celia greeted him as well as the men did. "Hey kiddos! Don't be scared unless and until you have done something bad" that was the first thing mr. Budger told us and what a way of greeting. Is he stupid or is he acting as if? Both way he is doing a good job. I sighed mentally.

"So children, I needed to ask few questions to you four as all the evidence shows you were the last people he had been in contact with." "Correction sir, he isn't dead. So don't tell that we are the last people he had been in contact" Aria spoke up and I loved it. She is right and I low key wanted to support her. But being the not so brave girl I am, I stayed quiet. He asked few questions like when was the last time we saw him and all as we spilled him all the tea we had. After an hour long of questioning he left us, to do some researches. He came Back and started to question our parents once again. The day passed like that. We all went back to our respective places, all tired and sleepy. I laid on my comfy bed. Was that all I wanted to say? Was he safe there? Has something happened to him? I was enclosed in thoughts that I didn't realized I slept. I really needed some good beauty sleep.

Sorry this chapter is too short that it has only more than 730 words (not including bolds)