Chapter 22. Diego or Harry.

The hoot from Marilou's car honk startles me as I put on my shoes. Today she will take me to school as she wants to see how or if it changed during the months she was missing. 

The point is, nothing has changed. The place is the same, the children are the same, all are the same. But maybe the reason she wants to come is her showing off her new car.

I hurry out of the house and approach Marilou's blue car. Even though the weather is cloudy, as I enter the car, I see her wearing sunglasses. She wears a big smile which makes my day.

"You are happy today. This is nice," a smile spreads on my face too.

"Yesterday is over. A new day begins. Hold on tight," she says and glances in the direction of the seat belt.

"Why?" I ask the moment I put on my belt before looking at her.

"Well..." her foot presses on the gas pedal, making me grip the door handle tightly as my eyes widen.

***

A few minutes later, we are in the school parking lot. Everyone who is approaching the school has their eyes on the noisy blue car that Marilou's driving.

I hate attention, something that Marilou seems to love. It's not difficult for her to draw attention. Once you see her walking down the street, you can't help but look at her.

After parking, she gets out of the car quickly. My eyes widen as I look at the empty seat beside me. I thought she would drop me off and leave, but it seems she has other plans.

 I get out of the car too with my backpack hanging off my shoulder and turn to Marilou. She has a smile on her face as she looks at the children who enter the school.

I see my friends approaching me as Chloe whispers in Alex's ear while the latter's eyes are fixed on Marilou. I shake my head, knowing exactly what Chloe is saying. 

Marilou stretches her clothes and passes a hand through her hair, making me frown. She starts biting her bottom lip as she scratches her neck.

"Is everything ok?" I ask her, but she continues to look at my friends while nodding.

Alex and Chloe come in front of us, and I immediately hug them. Chloe's glare at Marilou doesn't go unnoticed, and that makes me pinch her naked arm.

"Stop trying to kill her just by looking at her," I whisper in my blonde friend's ear, and then I see her sighing and looking away.

"I remember you both, but I can't remember your names," Marilou's voice makes me look at her. Her gaze is fixed on Alex, who has a kind smile on her lips. 

Thank God Alex is being kind.

"I'm Alex, and this is Chloe," Alex reaches out to greet Marilou, who grabs her hand tightly and shakes it without taking her eyes off of her.

Chloe nods as she looks at Marilou and then averts her eyes elsewheres. Better to ignore someone than being rude, right?

 "I like your hair-" Marilou doesn't have the time to finish because Chloe cut her off.

"Thanks, I don't like anything-"

"I was talking about Alex's hair, Chloe," Marilou interrupts Chloe, who rolls her eyes and then looks at me, "Can I touch them?" she asks, looking at Alex, whose eyes gaze at Marilou's hands.

Finally, she nods her head and nods at Marilou to reach out and touch her hair.

"I'm leaving," Chloe whispers, rolling her eyes as she leaves with quick steps the moment Marilou starts talking to Alex.