Chapter 45. The calm before the storm.

I never expected to be out of the nurse's room waiting to hear about Isaac's health. And yet, this is what I'm doing.

A few minutes ago, I brought him to the nurse's room. On the way, he vomited again.

With my back to the wall and my arms crossed, I wait to find out what is happening with him.

"You shouldn't be here," my eyes rise from the floor and fall on Dora's face.

"If it weren't for me, he wouldn't even get here by himself," I roll my eyes and turn to the other side.

She approaches me as the sound of the shoes clicking on the floor becomes louder.

"What did you do to him?"

"Nothing," I snap, turning my attention to her, "We were talking, he said his stomach hurt, and he threw up."

"You were talking? Why?" I'm really not in the mood to talk to her, and that's why I remain silent, "What exactly happened?"

"I know you care about him, but I don't know what happened to him. Maybe it was something he ate."

"Something he ate?"

"Most likely," biting my lips, I look at the closed door of the nurse's room, "Wait for him. I'm leaving," I sigh and turn my back on her.

Before I can take two steps, Dora speaks.

"What did he want to talk to you about?"

I turn to her, "I don't know, but whatever it was, he was wasting his time."

Her expressionless face makes me turn my back on her and leave.

***

Thinking about Isaac's incident makes time pass slowly. Leaving the school building, I see Theo, Chloe, and Alex gathered.

A scent catches my attention, and I turn to my right the moment Diego's hand wraps around me.

"I missed you," a smile spreads across my lips as his lips touch my cheek.

My gaze remains fixed on my friends. While Alex's mouth stays open, Theo steps forward to talk

"Something happened?"

"I think yes."

I escape from his arms, and with quick steps, I got close to my friends. Alex turns to me, ready to talk, but Chloe leaves Theo's side and comes in front of me.

"What happened? Actually, we heard what happened. Are you ok?"

"Yes, why wouldn't I?"

Diego arrives next to me, "What's going on?" he asks, and Theo looks at him.

"They believe that Isaac was poisoned," my mouth stays open from Theo's words.

"How?"

"From something she ate, obviously," Alex replies, looking at me.

"Isaac said something was wrong with his energy drink."

"How do you know?" Chloe asks, "Are you talking to him?" She turns her body towards Theo, making him take a step back.

"I saw him when he was leaving school. He said the drink's taste wasn't the usual. Sometime later, his stomach started hurting."

"This is awful. How disgusting was it to see someone throwing up in front of you? I would be ashamed," Alex pinches Chloe, who whimpers and steps away from her.