Chapter 18. Unexpected guest.

Zack groans after he got punched in the nose, making blood run down on his lips and chin. Chloe runs towards us with tears running down her face. 

My heart breaks while seeing her like this. She is so fragile even though she pretends to be bitchy and indifferent.

"Chloe, don't cry," Alex's voice breaks as she hugs Chloe.

"He hit me," Chloe says, sobbing making my eyes watering.

I approach the two boys with wide steps standing beside Jordan. Zack has just gotten up from the dirty alley and wipes his blood from his nose. 

"You should be ashamed for putting your hand on a girl," I shout, and Jordan looks at me, "And especially Chloe, who loved so much and was there for you all those years.

Zack laughs. My eyes widen when I hear his laugh.

 "What I do with Chloe is none of your business. And you? What kind of friend are you?" Zack asks, pointing his finger at Jordan as he takes a step closed to us.

"The friend who will teach you what's right and what's not. Although I don't know if I want to be your friend anymore? We all saw what you did," Jordan says, frowning, and Zack's features relax.

His gaze falls on Chloe, whose eyes and cheek are red. He takes a step towards her, but Jordan and I block his way, "Chloe..." he begins to say.

"Don't talk to her. Don't even look at her," Alex shouts, and I turn to look at her sadly.

My eyes see Theo walking fast towards the ally. I exhale and look at Jordan, whose eyes are focused on his friend.

"Is everything alright?" Theo asks hesitantly, and he sees Chloe's face wet with tears, "Chloe?" he takes a step closer to her as he gently rests his hand on her shoulder. Chloe falls on his arms and hugs him tight.

"Don't touch her. All of this happened because of you," Zack shouts and pushes me, making me lose my balance and fall on the dirt road as a sound of pain leaves my lips.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Jordan asks as he grabs Zack's shoulder and pushes him back, stopping him from attacking Theo, "Joanna, are you hurt?" he asks, looking at me sweetly, and I shake my head.

"Zack, sto-stop this shit," Chloe shouts as I get up from the floor, moaning quietly in pain, "We're done," she says in a whisper, and then she looks at Theo, who looks at her so affectionately.

"We better go. I don't understand why at every party you have to do shit?" Alex asks, looking at Zack, angry, "Theo, you'll come with us. Joanna, let's go."

"I'll drive her home. Don't worry," Jordan says, and Alex nods.

Chloe rests her head on Alex's shoulder, as they walk away toward Alex's car. Theo looks at Zack one last time before turning around and following the girls shaking his head.

"Don't look at me assh-"

"Zack," Jordan interrupts him shouting his name, making Zack punch the air out of anger.

A pain in my leg makes me look at my knee seeing blood. I pull my dress down a little so that I can hide it. No one has to worry about that now. I exhale and look at Zack with disgust.

"Sorry I pushed you, Joanna," Zack says as he scratched his neck, and without looking at me, he leaves

"This should be the least of your worries," I tell him harshly, and then I feel Jordan next to me.

"Wait for me, I'll take you home soon," he says as I look anywhere else except him. He turns around to leave.

"I can ask someone else to drive me home," I say suddenly without looking at him.