Chapter 43 Wake up from the dream.

I lower the cup of coffee from my lips and look at Alex sitting across from me.

"Are you sure you heard right? Do not forget that you were sleepy."

"I think I heard my name clearly, but he refused it," I reply, pushing my lips together.

"I won't let Joanna sleep alone to come and talk," my hand stays still before I grab the handle.

"He definitely said my name," I pause and look outside, "Do you think he's hiding something from me?"

"Aren't we all? But Diego seems to like him a lot," Chloe says, resting her head on her palms.

"Have you heard anything from Theo about him?"

"Not particularly. I only know that Theo had his doubts when Diego told him that you were together," she replies, playing with her fingers.

"Doubts why?"

"Because of the way he used to treat girls."

"He doesn't do that anymore ..." I look at both girls, upset, "Right?"

"I don't know. Habits are quite difficult t get rid of," Alex says and drinks from her coffee.

"Do you think he is cheating on me? That... that phone call may have been from a girl who wanted to see him?" none answers.

I shake my head and drink some of my coffee.

"Maybe you should talk to him," Chloe says with a smile.

"Do you think he will tell me the truth?"

"You don't trust him?" I remain silent, "Joanna, do you trust him?"

"Yes, yes," I say curtly, making Alex raise an eyebrow, "He hasn't given me any sign not to."

"Let's not forget that he was Isaac's friend," Alex adds, looking at her hands.

"I will talk to him. I will tell him what I heard and ask him to explain," I sigh and look out the window for a moment.

I look at Alex and lightly scratch my forehead, "Alex? Has Isaac bothered you again?"

"My God, has he?" Chloe asks in surprise, making me look at her momentarily.

"No, I think he was scared of you, Joanna," Alex says with a smile.

"Would you rather he wasn't afraid of me?"

The smile falls from her lips, and she awkwardly licks her lips.

"Do you think I liked it? Is that why you are like this?"

"I don't know. It kind of bothered me that you said you liked the feeling of it," Alex sighs.

"It was just a kiss," Alex tries to smile again.

"Yes, but it was the first kiss you got from a boy," Chloe adds, and I nod.

"Do you agree with?" Alex asks in surprise, looking at Chloe.

"No, I don't think you liked it. I'm just trying to figure out what Joanna might be thinking," Alex looks at me.

"I don't want to have anything to do with Isaac. Neither now nor in the future," she pauses, "Okay?"

"Okay," I reply and drink some of my coffee. I don't know why I feel so insecure, but I want to believe Alex. She wouldn't do anything that would hurt me.

***

The next day after school, I'm waiting for Diego to finish his training so I can talk to him. The truth is that what I heard that night when he slept at my house is constantly on my mind.