Chapter 16. The brothers.

I am frozen. The way Harry spoke to Isaac and the look in his eyes scares me. Isaac looks at him in shock at first, but then he laughed. 

"So you want me dead?" Isaac asks, and I see some people looking at us. My cheeks turn red, and I look down.

"Guys, don't do this in here," I say, and I am about to get up, but my shoulder meets Seth's hard hand that pushes me back down.

"Don't touch her again," Harry points his finger at him while I see his nostrils grow with each inhalation.

"Will you hit me too?" Seth asks, resting his hand on my shoulder.

"Yes, I will," he says, and a scream erupts from my mouth when I see Isaac grab Harry by the neck. He wraps his arm around him and throws him to the floor.

"Stop," I shout as I see Isaac getting on top of Harry, ready to punch him. But the hands of some customers do not let him touch him.

"You have a lot of nerve, you psycho, and it's her fault," Isaac shouts.

"Isaac, knock it off. You got the attention you wanted," I say and feel a slight blow to my belly. I look down and see Seth push his elbow into my stomach.

"Stop it, kiddos. What are you doing?" I hear the man who has caught Isaac saying. Isaac is trying to free himself from his grip.

The kitchen door opens, and a chubby bald man comes. "What the hell is going on here?" he asks while saliva makes its way out of his mouth.

"These two boys started a fight," a lady says with raising eyebrows while touching the side of her heart. "Dean, sit down," she tells the man holding Isaac.

"Please enjoy your food. I will take care of these trouble-makers," says the fat man who I imagine is the store manager.

"Sir, let us explain-"

"I don't want to hear anything from you, lady. I want you out of my store. And as for you two, you are not allowed to enter the store again," he says, interrupting me, pointing his finger at Isaac and Harry.

"What? I did nothing wrong. I can make up for it," says Harry, looking sadly at the store manager

"I don't think there is anything you can do," he says. "Please take your things and go."

"See you again, freak," Isaac says at Harry and then looks at me hard as Seth looks Harry full of disgust.

"Out now," the bald man shouts one last time, and Isaac with Seth goes out of the door as I walk next to Harry.

"Everything ok?" I ask while putting some money on the table. Harry turns and looks at me with an icy look which he fixes immediately.

"Everything is fine. I don't know what got into me," he says and sweetly takes my hand, leading me out.

***

We are walking down the dark street in silence. I was not sure if I should talk to Harry. Fortunately, in a few minutes, I will get home, and this uncomfortable silence you will be over.

"It was not my fault," Harry breaks the silence, making me look at him.

"What do you mean?" I ask in a low voice.

"The voice was very loud this time. It was the only thing I could hear," he says, and then goes to grab my hand, but I notice his movement early and pull my hand away.

"Don't do that," I say with a smile.

"Don't be afraid of me," he says, scratching his neck.

"I'm not afraid of you, Harry. I'm afraid ..." I suddenly stop my sentence as well as my steps. I exhale and continue, "I'm afraid of this voice."