Chapter 13

3rd POV

Hitoshi, Izuku and the rest of the class made their way back to the changing room after their lesson with All Might.

"You improved so much Deku! That was of moving around looks a lot like how Bakugo does." Sero muttered

"Yeah, I took inspiration." Izuku smiled.

"Good job on getting first." Kirishima complimented as he walked past. Izuku nodded slightly with a smile.

"You ok Midoriya? I saw you slip slightly." Todoroki asked his friend

"Yeah, I was in my mind for a bit but I snapped back quickly," Izuku explained as they entered the changing room. Izuku and Todoroki gave each other a brief wave as they parted ways.

"What was that about?" Hitoshi asked as he leaned closer to Izuku

"Oh, Todoroki just asked about how I slipped during the race," Izuku explained.

"Oh... ok..." Hitoshi muttered. Izuku's eyes sparked as something came into him mind

"Oh! Hito! It's amazing how you can use your own capture weapon!" Izuku smiled at Hitoshi as he started to ramble.

"Izuku, time. You need to change." Hitoshi smiled at his excited friend. Izuku soon nodded and slipped into the toilet stall and started to change. Hitoshi also changed but his gaze kept drifting to Todoroki.

'Izu and Todoroki seem a lot closer than they were before... Did something happen during the internship? Iida, Todoroki and Izu were there when Stain was captured but they aren't telling us much about it. Are they hiding something from us? Izuku never hides things from me...'

As Izuku exited Hitoshi smiled to his friend and helped with his tie before they started to leave.

"Oh, let's wait for Todoroki." Izuku muttered before slowing to a stop.

"Are you sure? Iida might be mad if we're late." Hitoshi tried

"It's fine, he should be done soon anyway." Izuku smiled once more and as in on cue Todoroki rounded the corner.

"Hey Midoriya, thanks for waiting for me." He smiled. Izuku sent one of his blinding ones back. Hitoshi watched with slight confusion but had a stinging feeling in his chest as well. 'Why am I feeling jealous... its just Todoroki and Izu is Izu.' Hitoshi thought to himself as the three of them started heading to class, Izuku sandwiched between the two taller boys.

- Lunch -

Hitoshi was almost asleep as the class ended.

"Wake up~" Izuku hummed as their classmates started to file out of the room. A grumble rumbled from Hitoshi.

"I'm tired.." He muttered into his arm

"Come on~ its time for food!" Izuku smiled. Hitoshi was still for some time before he slid his upper half off his desk and stood.

"Ok, food sounds good." He smiled at Izuku.

"Yay!" Izuku cheered as he pulled Hitoshi into a brief hug. They soon left the class and joined the rest of their friend group. Izuku was talking with Hitoshi for a bit before a tap on his shoulder broke him from his muttering. Izuku looked over to Todoroki who bent down and whispered something to Izuku. A smile crept across his face and a giggle shook through his small frame. Another sting of jealousy shot through Hitoshi's chest.

The group gathered their food and sat at their table and started to talk. Hitoshi was always quieter compared to the others on the table, even quieter than Todoroki. Hitoshi often talked to Izuku only but Izuku was diagonal to him, Iida and Todoroki stole the seats that were in either side of their smaller friend, so now Hitoshi was sitting beside Uraraka, who was chatting away with Tsuyu, and was quietly eating his food.