Chapter 10 + QnA

3rd POV

Hitoshi and Izuku were at the beach once more training for the sports festival which was only a few days away. They finished their race, Izuku won and was laughing slightly as Hitoshi fell to the sand panting for breath. Izuku laughed slightly as he caught his breath as well and as Hitoshi looked up to his friend he felt a light blush form on his face. When Izuku and Hitoshi both caught their breath enough Izuku spoke up. "Hey, wanna spar? We should probably get some practice." Izuku suggested,

"Yeah, let's do it." Hitoshi smiled with determination sparkling behind his eyes. Izuku and Hitoshi spent a few minutes trying to figure out how big they were going to make the arena then marked it out. After they stretched and were ready they stood in the middle of their arena and watched each other for some moments. Izuku counted them down and when he reached zero Hitoshi launched towards him aiming for a tackle, Izuku dodged and grabbed Hitoshi's collar and pulled, whipping Hitoshi back and spun him around so he landed on his stomach and Izuku placed a knee to his back holding him down. "What the hell! How?" Hitoshi coughed out. Izuku laughed as he watched Hitoshi slowly turn over. 

"I've been studying heroes like Gunhead and others that use hand to hand combat to get some idea of how to fight," Izuku explained as Hitoshi sat up. Izuku smiled at him and held out a hand which Hitoshi happily took. When they were in the centre again, Izuku started to count down again.

The next day, Hitoshi and Izuku were stretching as not to get muscle aches and Izuku's mind was just wandering and didn't realise when he started doing extra stretches. "Wow! Izuku, how are you doing that!" Hitoshi asked in surprise. Izuku was snapped back to reality and he realised he was doing an almost perfect front splits. "Whoops..." Izuku smiled slightly.

"How?" Hitoshi asked again.

"Around the first year of Junior high, I started doing gymnastics and aerial arts, I got flexible." Izuku smiled.

"Can I see some gymnastics?" Hitoshi found himself asking. Izuku stared at him in surprise for a moment before nodding with a smile. Hitoshi moved back as Izuku started to shake his arms and shoulders, loosening up as he took deep breaths. Izuku held his hands high, tapped one foot in front of the other. He took one last breath and leaned forward and kicked up with his front foot. He felt his centre of gravity and balance wobble slightly but when he stiffened his core and legs and he stayed up. Hitoshi was surprised that Izuku was holding a handstand that was so central and strong while he was on sand. Izuku smiled and let himself fall backwards, his feet planted into the sand as he held himself up in a bridge. Izuku straightened his legs and felt the stretch in his arms, back and legs before standing up once more. Izuku turned to Hitoshi with a smile and finished with a style. Hitoshi gave Izuku a small applaud before Izuku smiled and stood in the ready position again. Hitoshi watched as Izuku took a few steps running and watched as Izuku did several cartwheels in a row, followed by a roundoff. He quickly turned and took a running start before preforming two one hand cartwheels followed by an aerial, yet again finished with a turn to Hitoshi and a style. Hitoshi watched flabbergasted for a moment before he started to applaud once again. Izuku laughed before pulling him down to the beach. "Race you!" Izuku muttered to him with a smile before sprinting off with Hitoshi following soon after.
(Time skip- sports festival)

Hitoshi POV

Bakugo finished his so-called speech and we were getting ready for the first event, the race. Izu and I stayed close as we faced the tunnel that was our starting point. I could tell he was still slightly shaken but mostly determined by the declaration from Todoroki in the waiting room. As soon as Midnight sent us off with the wave of her... whip thing... everyone hurried to get through the tunnel and we all soon got stuck and cramped. I got fed up very quickly, grabbed Izu then turned to a larger boy nearby. "Hey! What class are you in?" I asked quirk activated.