Chapter Fifty Seven: Artemis

For days, I spent the majority of my time with my nose in my textbooks, studying and finishing assignments. Minhyuk periodically came into my temporary bedroom to ask me questions and show me pictures of people. Part of me thought he was joking about hiring a personal investigators but a man dressed in a suit often came in and out of the penthouse. So he must have actually hired someone to track down Hyunwoo.

School was becoming nothing but stressful. It was the only place I ran into Wonho, and I didn't spare him the slightest glance. I couldn't recognize him, because all I saw was a criminal and hoe.

But the biggest stressor in my life was my grades. A small voice in the back of my head told me that I was going to fail. I started to believe that.

While I was sat on the balcony of Minhyuk's penthouse, cramming my head full of information, I received a text message.

Hey, I think I'm on to something.

It was Changkyun. 

I groaned, because I didn't have time for this. I needed to spend every waking moment studying. For that reason, I was barely sleeping. Even when I did sleep, my dreams were filled with equations and historical events. If I spent even one second texting Changkyun, that could be the catalyst to my failure. Plus, I was nearly finished with this research paper, it needed to be finished by tonight. 

I certainly did not have time for this.

It's about Wonho.

I sighed, concluding that a break was probably good for me. All of the letters and numbers on my textbook were starting to blend together. Besides, it would be my first break in a days.

It's always about Wonho. I replied. But just tell me.

Changkyun offered to meet me at a coffeeshop nearby. And I agreed. I didn't bother getting dressed up. I stepped out in loungewear, sweats and a t-shirt. I put on my shoes and left the penthouse, only noticing that my hair was a mess once I saw my reflection in the elevator.

The coffee shop was a quick walk across the street. I arrived before Changkyun, ordering a latte and picking a seat towards the back of the cafe. Here we would be able to talk freely without others eavesdropping. 

Mr. Eyebrow Piercing arrived just as my coffee was set on the table.

I watched him apprehensively. He was as cocky as usual, sliding into the booth across from me with an air of confidence that I could never imagine having. He took the coffee before I could, taking a drink of it.

"Hey!" I said, snatching it back.

"Right back at you," he chuckled, winking, "How are you doing."

I knit my brow in frustration, grabbing a new straw and tossing the one he soiled, "Not great. But I'm sure you already know that." 

"Really? What's wrong?" He asked, feigning ignorance.

I rolled my eyes, "You, honestly," he faked offense, putting a hand on his chest dramatically, "and Wonho... and me." 

"But you're an angel, what could possibly be wrong with you?" Changkyun asked.

"I'm not an angel," I shook my head, "And my world have been falling apart for the last... year."

He looked sympathetic, reaching across the table to hold my hand, "Angel..." he paused at the thought of a new nickname, "can I call you that?"

"No." I yanked my hand away.

"Well, Angel, it's normal for your life to get fucked up around this time," he explained, "Most people your age are prostitutes or something. 99% of women that turn whatever age you are become drug addicts. So you're practically a saint."