Chapter Thirty Four: Follow Me

I zoned out as the chaperones explained the itinerary for the day. My job was essentially to lead the group of girls, and Wonho would lead one group, and I would be leading the other. By doing this, we'd be able to split up and cover the sites much better. So I was happy to be able to get some time away from Wonho. But I wasn't happy about having to do so much work on this "vacation."

"So, we're going to be visiting Acropolis and Delphi today," the chaperones explained, "This is our class and culture day, so make sure you guys really appreciate these historic sites, okay?"

I nodded slowly.

"Oh," the chaperone dug through her bag, shoving a folder in Wonho and my arms, "This is everything you need to lead the groups. It has information about the history of the places, and then also the tickets. So don't lose them."

I stared down at the folders, feeling more like a chaperone than the actual chaperones.

"I'm sorry," I spoke up, brows furrowed, "If we're doing all of this, then why are you guys here?"

The chaperones were offended. The smoker put on hand over her chest, the other hand clutching onto a cigarette. The other chaperone was slightly older, and seemed to be treating this as her own vacation.

"We're just making sure you guys don't get into any trouble," the first chaperone explained. narrowing her eyes at me.

"You mean, like hall monitors?" I asked.

"Well, something like that," the other replied sheepishly.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter what we're doing," the smokey chaperone cut in, "Just, hurry up and gather the students. The shuttle is going to arrive soon. Here are the groups you're going to be in charge of."

The chaperones handed a small sheet of paper to Wonho and I. At the top read: roll call. I had a feeling this was definitely the job of the chaperones that they were dumping on us. But I didn't have the time or energy to protest any further..

My eyes scanned the list of names. I smiled when I saw that Shownu was in my group, but I quickly frowned when I saw Harin's name. I looked for Hyungwon, hoping he was in my group to at least distract Harin somewhat. But he was not. Instead I had Jennie and her clique, who would no doubt harass me as much as possible.

"Great," I muttered sarcastically. 

"Come on, there's not a moment to lose," Wonho said jokingly, leading me from the hotel lobby to the street outside. The students were already gathering, dressing to the nines. You would have thought we were a traveling class of rich kids, which we were.

I spotted Harin, Hyungwon, and Shownu standing together. I only now noticed what Harin was dressed in. It was a simple, but effective, outfit. It was like Harin took a page out of Minhyuk's cool girl book.

Harin had on a Balmain turtleneck with button details on the shoulder. She wore low-waist black jeans and a pair of heels, something I imagined they would be her downfall during this trip.

 She wore low-waist black jeans and a pair of heels, something I imagined they would be her downfall during this trip