Chapter Seventy Nine: Recovering and Reconnaissance

I met Lisa and Rose just as the elevator doors were opening. They were both eager to come in, hardly acknowledging me before turning their attention to the home. 

"Wow this place is nice," Lisa muttered, looking around the kitchen in awe, "It's just you two here?"

I nodded.

Rose and Lisa exchanged a look, "You and Wonho must enjoy having so much alone time."

I shrugged, "It's definitely nice not having my parents constantly breathing down my neck."

They chuckled. The two continued their self-guided tour of my home, and I followed meekly behind them.

"What should we order?" I asked.

"Ttoekbokki?" Lisa suggested. 

Rose nodded enthusiastically, and I was just as happy with the choice. Ttoekbokki was perfect, because I was craving something unhealthy. It had the perfect balance of sweet, spicy and savory. And, of course, we couldn't forget to add mozzarella to our order.

[A/N: If you have not had tteokbokki yet, I highly recommend it!]

After placing the order, we had twenty minutes to kill before it should arrive. For a couple of minutes, we awkwardly sat on the couch, staring at our phones. I racked my brains for anything that might break the silence.

Thankfully, the talking-machine spoke first.

"So how did you twist your ankle?" Lisa asked, looking down at my bandaged foot, "Are you playing sports?"

"No," I chuckled, "I fell down the stairs."

"Really?"

I nodded.

"How?"

"Honestly," I leaned in before lowering my voice, even though no one was around, "Harin pushed me."

Lisa and Rose gasped. 

Not because they were shocked or worried for me, but because they were hearing some topnotch tea. I had to hold in a triumphant grin.

"Why would she do that?" Lisa asked, "I mean, she already stole your boyfriend-" Rose shot her a look, trying not to upset me.

"It's fine," I chuckled, patting Rose's thigh, "Lisa's right. Harin did steal my boyfriend."

"So..." Rose pressed, "Why'd she do it?"

"It's because I-" I stopped.

I wouldn't want to give too many of my secrets away. Plus, I didn't want the girls to know that I'd disclosed their gossip to Harin.

I cleared my throat before continuing, "I spilled coffee on her brand new Hermes dress."

They both gasped, horrified.

"That's a war crime," Lisa muttered.

"Totally evil." Rose added.

'Oop, did I do something wrong?'

Perhaps I should have fabricated a different lie. Something that didn't include the desecration of designer goods.

That was, until Rose and Lisa raised their hands up to give me a high-five.

"I would have never considered doing something so diabolical!"

"You go girl!"

I was instantly relieved, 'Right. I forgot these two are lowkey bitches.'

I chuckled, "You should have seen her face, she was livid." Harin's angry expression from our bathroom conversation came to mind. I smirked, "It was totally worth it."