Chapter Twenty Two: First Impressions

Today is the day. The biggest challenge I will ever face in my life. My one and only BOSS BATTLE.

Today is the day I meet Shownu's parents.

I knew I had to look flawless, and somewhat conservative. So I dressed in head-to-toe Alexander Wang. I put on a black sweater dress that was layered over a pair of shorts. The dress had edgy zipper details and was super comfortable.

But I didn't look chic enough, so I finished it off with a layer of belts.

"Perfect," I said, turning around in the mirror

Time to put on some makeup.

I decided to keep the makeup simple and light. So I put on a cushion foundation, light blush, mascara, and a lip gloss.

Now that I was dressed and ready, I just had to wait for Shownu to come pick me up. In this moment of pause, I began doubting my confidence.

"What if they don't like me?" I muttered.

It wouldn't matter, right? Shownu still loves me no matter what. If his parents don't like me, that doesn't necessarily mean we have to break up.

But I needed Shownu's parents to like me. That would be the ultimate validation for me, validation that I needed so desperately. And if Shownu and I get married, I wouldn't want them to be against us.

It would be for the best if Mr. and Mrs. Sohn didn't hate me. At the very least, I wanted them to tolerate me.

I'm outside. Shownu texted me.

My heart started to race again once I read the message. I clambered out of my desk, grabbing my purse. 

'I've got this,' I thought.

The town car was waiting outside for me, Shownu's same chauffeur stood at the door. He bowed to me before opening the door for me.

"Thank you," I muttered as I stepped into the car.

Shownu sat inside, a smile on his face.

"Hi babe," he held my hand immediately, "Ready for today?"

I nodded enthusiastically. Although on the inside I'm dying. I'm so stressed out, terrified that his parents will spit at me on-sight.

I can already see it now: Shownu's parents will stand there, nose upturned at me, "This wench doesn't even have airpods and she wants to marry my son?" Then Mr. Sohn will cut in, "Guards! Come remove this peasant trash."

'No, anything but that.'

Shownu could sense that I was worried. He squeezed my hand to comfort me.

"It's okay, this is going to be great," Shownu said.

'Hopefully...'

The drive to his house was silent, and I stared out the window to kill time. The closer we got to Shownu's house, the bigger the real estate became. I started to wonder what his house even looks like. He's never really talked about it, or even showed me pictures.