Chapter Thirty Six: Confrontations

"Where were you guys?" Harin asked when we returned to our hotel room that night.

I was still on cloud nine, despite the chewing-out we received for ditching the group and not responding to texts. But it was well worth it, this was the best day of my life.

"We just... explored," I shrugged, setting my purse on the bed.

"And you changed clothes, didn't you?" Harin continued, looking me up and down, "I could have sworn you were wearing a skirt earlier."

"What if I did?" I asked, "Shownu bought this for me. So I changed into it."

Harin frowned, sitting down on her bed. She looked tired from the long day, and she was clearly annoyed with me.

"What does it matter, anyway?" I sighed, "It's not like you needed me and Shownu around. You have Hyungwon, I'm sure you two had a fun day."

"No, we didn't," Harin replied curtly, "Or, at least, I didn't. Hyungwon is a nice guy, but he has this special way of sucking the fun out of things."

'Rude,' I thought.

"I mean, everywhere we go, Hyungwon mentions a better place he's been," She sighed, "And god forbid we pass an editorial he's in, because he'll explain the entire photo shoot."

Harin didn't realize it, but she and Hyungwon were very similar. They both humble-bragged endlessly about their modeling career. And any conversation was steered in the direction of their experience or life. It's no fun hanging out with someone like that, you can never get a word in.

"Did you not have friends at your modeling agency?" I asked, arms crossed.

Harin was taken aback, "What do you mean?"

"You're so focused on Shownu, it makes me think you've never made a true friend since," I muttered, "I mean, you were surrounded by our classmates all day. You could have hung out with them."

Harin scoffed, "As if you'd know anything about having friends."

I turned around quickly, utterly shocked.

"What did you just say, you skeleton bitch," I growled.

"I said you wouldn't know the first thing about making friends," Harin replied, standing up. Her arms were crossed as she glared across the way at me, dark circles evident under her eyes, "You've been at Shinwa Academy for a year and you have no friends to show for it."

I scoffed, folding my arms over my chest too, "The only reason people want to be friends with you is because you're a model. It has absolutely nothing to do with your personality, honey. Don't start thinking you're better than me."

Harin rolled her eyes, "I don't even know why I bother talking to you, you're absolutely insane."

"Well at least I can keep my food down."

I regretted the words the instant they left my mouth. It was like the air had been sucked out of the room, and all that was left was Harin and I.

She stood there, utterly shocked. It was like I smacked her in the face. I had never offended someone so much in my life.

And even though I didn't like Harin, I never wanted to say something that hurtful.

"H-harin, I'm-" I started to say, wanting to apologize.

But I wasn't given a chance. Without a word, she grabbed her stuff and walked out the hotel room, slamming the door behind her.

'What now?'