Chapter Fifty Two: Formalities

One morning, as I sat watching Youtube in my room, Wonho approached. He stood in the doorway, leaning his muscular body against the doorframe. The start of the sudden conversation caught my attention, "Hey, my dad wants us to come to the office today," 

"What office?" I asked.

But, not matter what, I was not interested in going. I tried to think up a way out while Wonho continued. 

"His... Dad's," he chuckled, "the headquarters of the Lee Conglomerate."

"Oh," I muttered. That sounded like no fun, "Why us? Why not just you?"

He shrugged.

"Just go without me." I said quickly, trying to brush off the suggestion. I turned my attention back to the YouTube video.

"You know," Wonho spoke over the video, so I paused it. He leaned his head against the wall, a pleading expression on his face, "It'll look bad if you don't go..."

I wanted to stand my ground, but he was giving me puppy-dog eyes. The pleading expression on his baby face was swaying my opinion. 

I quickly gave in, sighing, "When are we leaving?"

A smile spread across Wonho's face, "An hour, make sure you dress professionally. Just in case."

"Can do," I muttered.

I wandered into my closet, pulling out an outfit that Minhyuk gifted me. It fit this exact occasion. It was the right mixture of business, but casual.

It was a semi-suit. It was black, the pants a mid-rise fit. But underneath the blazer, I wore a branded Off-White shirt that was cropped. As for shoes, I wore some sneakers.

I kind of hoped Wonho's father would take issue with the outfit

I kind of hoped Wonho's father would take issue with the outfit. Maybe he'd ban me from ever coming to the office again. That would be a blessing.

I had no business partaking in business. 

I could hardly do math right. What could I possibly do for the Lee Conglomerate?

But, whatever. I'll go to this stupid meeting. 

I met Wonho in the living room once I was ready. He was also dressing in a suit, his hair perfectly quaffed.

He looks nice...

'Nope, nope nope. Don't start with that girl,' I told myself, shaking the thought away. 

Wonho looked me up and down when he saw me, "Ready?"

I nodded. 

Wonho and I stood in the fancy halls of Lee Conglomerate headquarters. My eyes scan the expansive halls, marveling at the architectural wonder. The inside of the building was so high-tech and modern. The chandlers and decorations perfectly suited the grey tones of the building.