Chapter Twenty Six: Hall of Fame

Before we being, I would like to dedicate this chapter to @xxmallows. Thank you for your feedback recently. Hopefully you can see Monsta X next time they're in your area!!

Cheer up!

---------

After hours of useless formalities and holding back tears, I left the Formal without saying a word to Wonho or Shownu. I couldn't speak without wanting to break down. Once I was home and out of my dress, the weight of the day was lessened. I cried for a good 30 minutes while in the shower.

In my heart, I knew Shownu's partner was going to be a rich, beautiful girl. But I didn't think she'd come into our lives this quickly.

Bae Harin exists, and she's going to be the bane of my love life.

All thanks to Wonho.

I don't think I'll ever forgive him for pulling that prank on us yesterday. If it could even be considered a prank. This  "prank" could ruin my love life forever.

The next day, I walked into class, exhausted with dark circles under my eyes. My sheer sadness and anger kept me tossing and turning all night. Part of me wanted to call in a sick day and just stay home, but I didn't want to let Wonho think he's gotten to me.

In contrast, the classroom was wide awake and full of energy. When I stepped into the room, gossiping and playfulness was on high. Wonho was sat in his seat, bright and early for once, waiting for me with a smile on his face.

But I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of my words. I'd be giving him the silent treatment for as long as I could manage. I didn't even spare him a glance while walking to my desk, tuning in to the conversations that were going on around me.

"That hot chick yesterday," Jackson said loudly, elbowing Yugyeom, "Who was she?"

"You're telling me you don't recognize Bae Harin?" Jennie scoffed, setting down her compact mirror, "Wait, what am I saying? Of course you don't."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jackson asked, brow raised.

"You might not have high enough status to know that Harin is part of the Bae Conglomerate. She's the third richest heiress in all of Korea." Jennie replied, "She's above almost everyone in this classroom," Jennie glanced over to Wonho before correcting herself, "Well, almost everyone."

Jackson, clearly offended by Jennie's slight towards him, replied, "Well if she's so highfalutin, why isn't she at this high school?"

Jennie scoffed again, not impressed by his lack of knowledge, "Harin is a top model," she clarified, grabbing a magazine off her desk. The cover boasted a picture of Harin, I recognized it to be Vogue, "She's been studying independently while modeling abroad in Paris."

'Paris?' I wondered, shocked for a moment.

It made sense that, with her extraordinary beauty, Harin would be a model. But I didn't know she was on the cover of magazines and walking runways in Paris... What a lucky life to live.

"Well, she should come back," Jackson muttered.

"She might," Wonho spoke up, turning in his seat to add to the gossip.

My eyes widened, turning my gaze to Wonho's profile. He looked smug as all hell.

'What?!' I panicked, 'I don't want to see her every day!'

Rather, I didn't want Shownu to see her every day. The closer they are in proximity, the more likely their parents will try to arrange a marriage.