=Prologue=

========

Highland University, Adliya

04:00 pm

Amongst the smoky corridors and chaotic sprints, a loud gunshot takes Y/n by surprise. There's no time to take in any of the activities before her eyes- be it students sprawling, professors scrambling to evacuate the place or her best friend not being there with her, leaving her alone until she goes and seeks her all on her own.

Everybody there who was already in a panic got even frightened and commenced to rush towards the exit holding their valuables in their hands. Cursing as a result of bitter realization, under their hasty and unsteady breaths, those mock drills and disaster management activities were impractical and worthless, that was their number one inference from all the drills. Maybe a letter to the management is in order- filled with curses and love of course. The protocol could be put to better use by being fed to the non-existent Buckbeak.

Eventually, finding Perrie, Y/n ran along with her and that's when she collapsed with a clangorous thud on the sooty floor of the hallway.

Her senses shut right out. She never felt anything after that. Everything had come to an unprecedented end. It felt unfair but it also felt unreal at the same time. 

========

Meanwhile, in the car

04:15 pm

"So? Did you do it?" The masked man behind the steering asked his superior.

"Last time I checked, I was in charge and you were a good-for-nothing errand running guy." Someone with a really deep voice huffs cockily and glances away sitting inside the car while checking his phone, "Of course, I did. Let's go now. We've got places to be."

The car dashed off, exiting the devastating scene.

He, however, felt uneasy all of a sudden. He thought about what he had just done. This was the first time he ever reviewed his actions or even thought about them. 

And for a task so petty, it was a surprise.

Looking out of the window at the clear sky, it felt like the universe was making fun of him considering how antonymous both of them were. He kept still in his hazy frame of mind and kept staring at the sunny and vibrant ambience, secretly thinking that he'd somehow get the energy diffused into his own self- but sadly, that's not how things work in life. He knew that, he just wished it'd not been the mechanism of life.

For the first time in seventeen years, he felt something. This was a sign, an indication that his humanity still remained somewhere deep inside his black heart. He hadn't downright lost himself. He was still a person but he still hadn't acquired his soul. Maybe he will... one day... maybe he will.

But- why and how? This was still an unanswered riddle to the man and there was no guarantee that he'd find a key to it, ever.

===========

Back on campus grounds

"Y/n! Are you alright? Open your eyes." Perrie cried aloud, noticing there was no one who could lend a helping hand. She had no idea what to do or how to even get Y/n to a medical assistant, one of those who were sprawled all over the campus outdoors. Everyone else was busy trying to save the rest of their clear lungs.

"Goodness, please... Help us... God, send us help."

Smoke and ash-clad Y/n doesn't move an inch. She's as still as a rock. It's hard to discern if she's even breathing or not.

Perrie kneels on the ground, weeps and sniffs while struggling to keep herself conscious in the smoke trying her best to awaken her best friend's unconscious floor-ridden body.

To be storytellitinued...

Please do vote, comment, engage and share if you like what you read. I'd love to know what you think about the story as we move forward with the developments <33