"Mia," he screamed in his adorable high-pitched voice before launching himself into my arms. I hugged him back with a laugh. 

Mason was basically like a brother to me after being friends with Chloe for so long. "How are you so big. Who keeps feeding you?" I cooed as I smiled down at him fondly. 

 "Chloe, she gives me lots of cookies," he said as he jumped up and down in excitement.

 My smile faded as I remembered poor Chloe, who was probably suffering at home with her nasty hangover. After experiencing the horrors of one myself, I was feeling very emphatic. Even though, technically, it was her own fault, for over-drinking at whatever party she went to last night. 

"Hey, do you know if your sister is alright? Is she still sick in bed?" I asked softly. 

His little face scrunched up in confusion. "Chloe's not sick. She drove us here," Mason said bluntly. 

I looked at him weirdly, wondering how that was possible. Why would she be well enough to drive him here? She said she was going to stay in bed...

Before I could ask him for further clarification, Mason ran the rest of the way down the stairs, clearly bored with the conversation.

I made my way to Ethan's door, and I was just about to knock when I heard voices coming from inside the room. 

He had company?

 I know it's wrong to snoop, but I couldn't resist and pressed my ear up against the door. 

I could just about make out Ethan's voice. 

"Look, I'm sorry about yesterday, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I just really, really like you, I've always liked you and-"

 I ripped myself away from the door before he could finish. I stood frozen in shock as I slowly processed what he had just said.

 He was confessing his feelings to whoever was in the room with him. 

And did he say yesterday? That meant he had gone to see her yesterday right after making out with me. 

Was I just his cheap slut? 

 I narrowed my eyes and felt nothing but rage. 

I quickly put my ear back against the door to see if I could recognize the girl's voice. I heard a high-pitched squeal of laughter followed by, "Oh my god, that was so cute! Who could say no to that?"

 I instantly recognized the voice and laugh.

 I shook my head in disbelief. It just couldn't be her. There's no way she would betray me like that.

 Would she?

Not being able to take the mystery anymore, I knocked harshly on the door of his room, causing it to practically shake on its hinges. 

Their voices went quiet before the door swung open and revealed Ethan. As soon as he saw me, a horrified expression spread over his face, and when I looked over his shoulder, I felt violently sick. 

The other person in the room was someone I knew very well. A person who I've known nearly my entire life, a person who I'd die for.

 It was none other than my best friend, Chloe. 

 I swear someone could have ripped my heart out with a chainsaw, and it would probably hurt less than looking at the sight that stood before me.

"How much did you hear?" Ethan said slowly, in a shaky nervous voice.