Chapter 9

Mercedes walked into school on Thursday morning.
It was her birthday, and she was now 18. Kurt spotted her and walked over to where she was standing.

"Hey Mercedes, happy birthday, you okay?" Kurt asked. Mercedes looked at him and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She replied. Kurt raised and eyebrow, but then smiled at her.

"So, can you talk to your soulmate?" Kurt asked happily. Mercedes bit back a smile and nodded.

"Yeah, his name's Andrew Smith." Mercedes said quietly.

"Tell me all about him." Kurt said, linking arms with Mercedes and walking down the halls. Mercedes chuckled lightly, but jumped at the chance to talk about her soulmate.

"Well, he's was born in Germany, but moved to London when he was 2, and that's where he lives now. He's 20 years old, he's going to university to become a pharmacist, and he's a Christian." Mercedes told him. Kurt nodded, listening to everything she said.

"Gosh 'Cedes, he's overseas." Kurt said quietly. He couldn't imagine how it must feel to have your soulmate live miles and miles away.

"I know, but it's fine, I don't really mind." She said. Kurt looked at his best friend and smiled, but then frowned as a thought popped into his head.

"What about Sam, you did have a crush on him just yesterday?" Kurt asked, stopping so he could look at Mercedes. She sighed and shrugged.

"I don't know, I think he was just a silly high school crush, plus I really like Andrew already. I just feel this connection with him, like there was a missing piece of me, and he filled it." Mercedes told him. Kurt smiled at her and held his hand to his heart.

"Aw Mercedes, that's so sweet, I'm so happy for you." Kurt said. Mercedes chuckled and they continued to walk to their first class.

Kurt walked into the class and sat down, he was 10 minutes early, so there was only a few people in the room.

'My friend talked to her soulmate for the first time today.'

'Is it her birthday?'

'Yeah, just turned 18. Her soulmate lives in London and is 20.'

'Wow, well tell her I said happy birthday, and congrats on the soulmate thing.'

'Will do Blaine. Anyway, are you in class?'

'Yeah, it hasn't started yet though. What about you?'

'Same, I'm just waiting for the rest of the class and the teacher to come, I have about 5 minutes.'

'5 minutes that will be filled with us talking, I hope.'

'You know it Anderson.'

'So... I've been thinking.'

'About what?'

'About... about us meeting each other.'

Kurt's eyes went wide, he wasn't expecting that.

'Oh... do you want to meet up soon?'

'Well, it's only a few months till regionals, so we need to starts thinking about it soon.'

'Yeah, I know that, it's just... meeting up makes it all real. Not that it isn't real right now, but it just sets everything in stone, makes it official.'