Chapter 10

The following week was painfully slow for both boys. Every minute felt like an hour, and every hour felt like a decade. Saturday couldn't have been further away.

They continued to talk throughout the week as normal, but it was clear that both boys were very nervous for Saturday.

Blaine was pacing his dorm room on Monday evening, freaking out. James and Jeff watched as Blaine walked from one side of the room to the other, not too sure what to do.

"Should we splash him with water?" Jeff asked. James turned to him, looking mortified.

"What, no! They say that if someone is sleepwalking then you shouldn't wake them, it can give them a heart attack or something." James said. Jeff looked at him like he was crazy.

"He's not sleepwalking you idiot!" Jeff shouted, but Blaine took no notice.

"Sleepwalking, pacing back and forth, same difference. I think scaring him right now would have the same effect as a sleepwalker being woken." James replied. Jeff rolled his eyes and fell back on the bed they were sitting on.

"Why do we have to take care of Blaine right now, me and you are hopeless at thing kind of stuff. Wes and David are the dads of the group, they'd be better at this." Jeff mumbled. James sighed and looked at Blaine, who was still pacing. James decided to take charge and walked over to Blaine. He placed his hands in Blaine's shoulders, stopping him from walking. Blaine looked startled, and stared at James

"Sit down and tell us what you're thinking about." James said. Blaine sighed, but sat on his bed, and waited for James to return to sitting beside Jeff.

"I asked Kurt out on a date last Thursday." Blaine said. James and Jeff's eyes both went wide, and their smiles were huge.

"Really, what did he say?" Jeff asked excitedly. Blaine chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck.

"He said yes. We're going to the Lima Bean this Saturday." Blaine told them. Both Jeff and James were bouncing with excitement.

"Oh Blaine, that's amazing!" James said. Blaine smiled at his friends, both of them had always been very energetic.

"It is, but I'm nervous as hell." Blaine admitted, sighing and covering his face with his hands. Jeff and James shared a knowing look, then both stood up and walked over to Blaine. They sat on either side of Blaine, and wrapped him in a hug. Blaine looked at both of them, and smiled happily.

"It's going to be okay Blaine. You and Kurt will click perfectly. It will be love at first sight." Jeff said. Blaine chuckled and smiled at James and Jeff.

"I love you guys." Blaine said, wrapping his arms around the two boys.

___________________________________

On the Thursday before their date, Kurt called Mercedes and asked her to come over, to help him pick an outfit for his date.

Mercedes arrives within record time, excited that Kurt was going to go on his first date.

"I need an outfit that shows off my personality, while still being stylish, but not to fancy, it's just the Lima Bean after all." Kurt told her. He was pacing in his room, while Mercedes was looking through all of Kurt's clothes. After 5 minutes, she pulled out an outfit, smiling and showing it to Kurt proudly.

Kurt stopped pacing and looked at the outfit. It was black skinny jeans, a black turtle neck, a grey belt, a light grey overcoat and black shoes. He looked it up and down, then broke out into a smile.

"I love it, it's not too causal, but it's not too fancy, it's perfect." Kurt said happily. Mercedes smiled triumphantly and put the outfit into Kurt's wardrobe. Both of them moved to sit on Kurt's bed, and Mercedes turned to look Kurt in the eyes.