Chapter 19

"Kurt, Kurt come here." Kurt heard his father shout. Kurt placed down his book and quickly walked downstairs. He walked into the kitchen, and stopped when he saw a white envelope sitting on the kitchen island.

"Is that..." Kurt said, trailing off at the end. Burt nodded slightly. Kurt slowly walked over and picked up the envelope. He turned it around in his hand, seeing his name printed on it.

"Well, are you going to open it?" Burt asked, wanted to know what it said. Kurt sighed and chewed on his bottom lips slightly.

"I don't want to open it without Blaine." Kurt said quietly. Burt chuckled and shook his head lightly.

"I expected you to say that. Why don't you invite him over? He can even stay over if he want's too, but door stays open." Burt said. Kurt blushed slightly and placed the envelope down on the island.

'Hey, you're allowed to leave Dalton and stay somewhere else at the weekend, right?'

'Yeah, why?'

'Well, my NAYDA letter came, and I don't want to open it without you. My dad said that you can come over and stay here if you want.'

Kurt could almost see Blaine with a huge smile on his face.

'Yeah, of course I will. As long as you want me to.'

'Of course I want you to be here.'

'Okay, I'll be there in around an hour.'

Kurt smiled and took a seat at the island, then took out his phone, unlocking it and playing random games until Blaine arrived.

An hour or so later, Kurt heard a knock on the front door. Kurt put away his phone and walked to the front door. He opened the door and smiled when he saw Blaine standing there with his backpack.

"Hey handsome." Kurt said softly. Blaine smiled bashfully, and stepped forward to kiss Kurt lightly. Kurt smiled and grabbed Blaine's hand, leading him into the house. Burt and Carole turned around from where they were sitting on the couch in the living room.

"Hey sweetie." Carole said softly. Blaine smiled at both of them, and the two parents smiled back. Kurt and Blaine walked into the kitchen, with Burt and Carole slowly behind them. Kurt looked at the envelope sitting on the kitchen island, and sighed deeply. That one piece of paper held his future, he was terrified.

Blaine stood close behind him and rested a hand on his shoulder. Kurt turned back and smiled at his boyfriend, then turned back to the envelope and picked it up, his hands shaking slightly. Burt and Carole both gave him an encouraging smile, and with one last look at Blaine, he looked back down at the envelope and opened it.

"Dear Kurt Hummel..." Kurt mumbled slightly, trailing off at the end as he read the rest of the letter. Everyone else in the room waited anxiously for Kurt to tell them what the letter said. Kurt finished reading, then slowly put the letter down and looked around at all of them.

"I... I got in. Oh my god, I got in!" Kurt said excitedly, looking around at all of them. Everyone's eyes lit up with happiness. Burt had a huge smile on his face, and he rushed to give his son a hug.

"Oh Kurt, I'm so proud of you." Burt said, squeezing his son tightly. Kurt chuckled and smiled at his dad. His father eventually put him down and Kurt went to hug Carole. Kurt then turned around and faced Blaine, who was smiling like crazy.

"We'll leave you too alone to celebrate, lets go Burt." Carole said, tugging her husbands arm and dragging him into the living room. Burt shouted a quick 'no funny business' before he was dragged away.