PART 32 | boys and their desires

Start bij het begin

I try it on and though I'm already loving it, I send her the picture.

MICHELLE: perfecto !!

The hour passes by, and I hear a pebble clang against my window pane.

I roll my eyes and walk over to open the window. How cliche is this?

I look down to see Caiden standing in a pair of navy shorts and fitted white top.

"Is that you Troy?" I sing out a smile branded on my face.

I watch Caiden roll his eyes and chuckle lightly. "Who else would it be Gabriella."

My mouth parts slightly in surprise. "You've watched High School Musical?!"

Caiden grins up at me.

I take that as an obvious yes and swing my legs out the window. My bedrooms on the second story, so it's a bit of a jump, but not so big it'll break my back.

I peer down at Caiden, he's just standing there, completely unprepared.
I glare at him. "You better catch me or I'll fucken stab your thigh."

He raises his eyebrows at me. "That was a bit aggressive."

"Well I'm the one jumping out of a window."

He groans teasingly and holds his arms out. "Of course I'll catch you, I'm not that mean."

A small breeze tickles my legs. And I plant my hands firmly on either side of my body  then push off.

I fall down toward the lawn. Caiden comes closer and catches me in his arms.

Warmth spreads to my upper body, butterfly's raging where he holds me. "Caught you," he whispers.

My eyes roam his face, taking in his cute pear scar, striking brown eyes and tasteful lips.

"I knew you would."

Caiden tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "I haven't been able to get you outta my head."

My heart beat erratically in my chest so hard that I thought it might fly out. There were butterflies - no, lions - in my chest, but it felt good. "Is that a bad thing?"

He dips his head down, closer to my lips.
"Not in my books."

"FOR FUCKS SAKE LOVE BIRDS FLY TO THE CAR ALREADY!" screams Jerseys voice.

I furrow my eyebrows and look toward the car parked outside my house.

"Jerseys here?" I frown. "But I needed to get his present on the way."

Caiden embarrassingly scratches his neck. "Nah he's at my house. He uh pre recorded that, he knew I'd take a while to get you to the car."

I laugh, you've gotta love Jersey. "Well I guess that's the cue to go."

We get in the car, Kingston at the wheel, Hayley in the passenger while Michelle at the back.

I assume Julie's at the house with Jersey. I smirk to myself. I wonder what they're doing.

***

On the way to the party we stopped by the shops so I could get Jersey his present. Most were jusg closing, but we managed to bribe one shopkeeper to let us in.