PART 12 | detention

Kennedy's p

Kennedy's p.o.v

"WHAT ON EARTH is going on in here?!"

Our Principal just walked in on me and Michelle dancing like sex models on a table. That's what.

Michelle and I stumble off of the table and straighten out our clothes.

"Uh... uh-we... we were just..." Michelle's words stumble out in a jumble as she try's to explain something absolutely odd.

"No, do not answer that" he shakes his hands, "I don't want to know. It's detention for you two."

"What the fuck!" I grouch.

I've been looking forward to a surf at the beach by our house all day long.

"I heard that Miss Dyline," the principal said over his shoulder as he walks back out the cafeteria.

I flip him the bird.

"Ooh feisty," says Caiden as he suddenly appears by my side.

I roll my eyes and push him.

Wait. That probably looked flirty. What I was actually going for was literal annoyance.

He grins, thinking that I was being flirty.

"Fuck you," I say.

Caiden winks at me, "I'll see you there. And maybe I'll take you up on that offer."

I groan. I need to stop swearing and saying 'Fuck you'.

Or I'll have to dig my own grave.

*******

School ends, and I make my way toward the so-called detention lab. But honestly, it's just a plain old science room.

Now that I think about it, it's kind of stupid putting the detention kids in a lab full of chemicals and shit.

I send a quick text to Sage telling him he'll have to catch a bus or find another ride home.

Then soon as I round the corner, I can tell straight away what one detention is held in. Mainly because of the endless yelling and blaring music.

When I enter nobody seems to notice me, and the supervisor isn't here yet so I glance around for Michelle.

I find her sitting smack bam in the middle while fiddling with something on her phone.