Our Time

"Do you really think the Bahamas is better than Bermuda? This is our first vacation together so I want it to be special."

Court sits across from Lisa and I, desperately trying to plan her first vacation with David perfectly.

"I've just heard Bermuda is beautiful, but Bahamas is too..."

"Brad and I love the Bahamas. We go every year and rent a house along the beach. The people are so nice."

"Yeah, Michele and I love it too. We wanted to go this year but I'll be too pregnant to fly when we have time."

"I guess I'm just worried about everything. This is a huge step for us and I want it to be perfect. I really like him."

I feel for her as she rambles on, remembering exactly how I over planned the first vacation Brad and I took, desperately wanting everything to go perfect, even though in reality I knew all I needed was to be with him.

"Enjoy vacations like this while you can. We have to take our little helian everywhere and as much as we love her, vacations with Sienna mostly just involve us keeping her from doing dumb things."

"That kid is so bad."

"Yeah, I'm well aware. We can't take her anywhere."

They laugh at me, obviously not feeling the pain I do when thinking about my strong willed child and the lengths she'll go to, to get what she wants.

"Where is she at today anyway? She's been helping me plan this 'cation'. We've already decided I have to wear lots of pink and I need to fly faaaaaar away to get there."

"Brad and my dad took her to Aj's school today for some fundraiser thing... I'm waiting to see how it turns out."

"I think you should definitely send her with Court and David on this vacation. She knows how to make sure they have fun."

"Okay, no. The main reason we're going is for fun island sex and according to Jen, Sienna kills the fun sex vibe."

"Nothing can kill a good sex vibe," I turn to see Brad walking up behind me "Not even that little brat."

"You say that now but at home you get weirded out because 'she might hear us' through 3 walls."

He wraps his arms around me, kissing my forhead as he listens.

"Yet I still manage to get the job done... at least you don't seem upset with my efforts."

"Annnnnd this is our signal to leave. Just, please, if you have sex in your dressing room again remember that we CAN hear you."

"And? We're all adults here, Lisa. Let me have some fun with my wife."

He steals a seat once they get up, taking my drink as he gets comfortable across from me.

"Your child is currently throwing a fit in your parents living room because she didn't get to see the teletubbies commercial she normally does. Sherry felt bad so she's trying to find it and your dad is laughing."

"Sounds about right."

"I got the hell out of there when they offered to watch her before she went really crazy. I yelled bye from the door and she yelled back at me not to talk to her."

"We really need to work on her. I think it's funny sometimes but she can't be acting like this... especially now that she wants to swear."

"Yeah we got into an argument about her swearing earlier. I tried explaining that they're big people words but she wasn't having it."

"So is this really why you came here? To remind me of how bad our child is?"

"No... I just go distracted."

He quickly gets up, pulling me with him as he wonders down the back halls of set grabbing some food on the way.

"Babe are you really just stealing food?"

"Don't worry, we'll eat it."

We make it over to the ladder we keep on front of our special beam, and he motions for me to start climbing.

"You always go so slow."

"I'm trying not to fall, Brad!"

"Come on. You know I would catch you."

"Sure you would."

We make it up, strategically sitting together as we look over the set live we have so many times before. He pulls me closer, wrapping his arm around me while I sink into the warmth of his body.

"I miss this." I finally admit "We never get time to ourselves like this anymore. At least not without hiding in closets from her."

"That's why I'm here today... Michele called me earlier asking for a way to surprise Lisa with a vacation before the baby, and it reminded me how much harder it is for us to do anything anymore. So, I want you to think of everywhere you've always wanted to go, or everywhere I've already promised you. And we'll go."

"Well if we're bringing up things you've promised... where do I start? I never got that new purse after you ran over mine... or the outdoor couch you got drunk and threw up on-"

"Places, Jen. Places."

"Okay, well there's Aruba. We've always talked about going there."

"Aruba sounds good. But we cannot take her there."

"Why would we, Brad? We need to get away. Us. Not her."

"Sooooo, you have a break next month? I'll find a resort and book everything. You just worry about finding your old bikinis and some sexy outfits."

"If you really think I'm going to let you plan this... are you crazy?"

"Either you let me plan, or I get to pack all your bags and you don't get a say in them."

"Just don't forget to make sure the flights are going to the right airport."

"That's I thought," he leans in for a kiss as I pull him in closer "I knew you would trust me again eventually."

"Just don't mess it up this time.  Last time might have turned out fun but I'm not getting lost on an island."

"We'll see what happens."