Beach days

"Brad they're all parked right there, why do you have to keep driving?"

"He wants the perfect spot, Jen. You know how shitty of a parker he is, you don't want him crashing the car."

George sticks his big head between our seats having to get his word in as Brad finally picks a spot in the middle of nowhere.

"You could have at least dropped me off closer."

"I'm just trying to help, you said you want to keep up with your walking."

Brad leads me through a beaten up, rocky path leading towards the sandy beach I've been waiting for. I clutch onto his hand when he starts to chase after George who has been running through the sand nonstop since he left the car.

"Seriously you two act more like children than the actual children."

"You just lost all your fun the minute you got pregnant."

"Well who's fault is that? I kinda remember someone else being the one that wanted sex that night."

"Wait, you mean Brad wanted sex and actually won for once? He's always telling me about the times you say you're too tired. That's amazing!"

George jobs back towards Brad for a high five while they rejoice about their sex lives as if I wasn't here.

"Brad I know you're lying right now unless you have someone besides me that has sex with you multiple times a day. We haven't done that in a year."

"Let me imagine it, okay? It's not hurting anyone."

"Jeeeeeeen!!" Collin rushes through the sand, right up to me "Are you gonna play with me? I brought all my monster trucks and sand buckets!"

"Of course I am! We brought you some toys too."

"What about Liv? She needs toys."

"Well she's a baby so we brought her some blocks but I think she'd love it if you help her play with them."

"Okay!" He takes the bag of toys from me as we reach where Holly and Dan are waiting for us "Look mommy we got new toys!"

"Wooow baby those are so cool! Did you say thank you to Jen and Brad?"

Collin drops the toys and jumps in Brad's arms, pulling me in closer for a group hug as he gives us the greatest thank you ever.

"Thank you Brad and Jen and baby!"

"Aw, you're welcome, buddy. We brought you a big beach ball too."

Brad has George blow it up while Collin gets him and Dan excited to play whatever games they can make up.

"He's been talking nonstop about getting to see you, Brad and the baby since we told him we were coming here this morning. I don't think he's made it through even one sentence without your names."

"I've been excited too, I wanted to hold this little one. She's getting too big." I look down at Olive snuggled up in my arms "And those little sunglasses are adorable. She's the perfect little beach baby."

"Oh just wait until you see her bathing suit. Collin wanted her to have two outfits so we're going to change her later. How are you feeling? Ready to be done yet?"

I look down where I can clearly see the baby kicking and moving around safely in my belly, enjoying all the time she's getting to herself.

"I'm ready, really excited now that we have everything set up, but I do kinda like the moments of just us when I can feel her moving around. I can't wait to see her with Brad though. He's been talking about everything he wants to do with her."

"There was a huge difference between Dan with Collin and with Olive. Him and Collin are definitely very close, but he's attached to Olive. It's one of the greatest things to watch."

Olive wakes up screaming, causing Collin to put their game on hold so he can help Holly get her changed to play in the water.

"She's excited," Brad sits next to me putting his hand on my belly "I can see her foot trying to poke through. I think she wants to be out playing with all of us."

"She can hear all the excitement going on. She was doing flips when you and George had Collin laughing."

"She knows I'm going to make her laugh like that alllll the time." George sits next to us the the baby continues to go crazy "What if she doesn't stop moving when you're in labor? Like what if she's mid kick when she comes out?"

"You know how to run any moment, don't you?"

"He's just thinking of all the possible outcomes babe. She could come out doing a split or something."

"Ohhhh or maybe like she's going down a slide on her belly with her hands out first."

"Or on her belly with her feet first!"

"If that happens you have to tickle her feet to see if she ticklish. I'm counting on your Brad."

"You two are assholes. You only think all this is funny because you aren't the ones splitting your vagina in half."

"Well in our defense we don't have those... soooo."

"George I think that's our cue to shut up."

"Looooook! Liv has her cute kini on!!"

Collin gets our attention as everyone walks back over with Olive stealing the show.

"Aww, she looks so comfortable in it!" I take her from Dan while Collin climbs on my lap as well so he doesn't miss out on any attention "Are you going to play in the water with her?"

"I think I can help her swim."

"Maybe we should all go with if we're going to help her swim," Brad suggests as Dan and George force some floaties on Collin "We don't want her getting hurt."

Holly and I follow close behind as Brad, George and Dan somehow manage to get both kids cooperating and excited for the water. Collin jumps around the whole way there telling us all about the fish and how he thinks Liv will love them.

They let Liv dip her toes in the water, but as soon as she's even close to it, she screams.

"Well," Holly takes the poor traumatized baby back "It was worth a try I guess."

I stand back watching as Brad plays with Collin, helping him strengthen his legs to swim better, wanting nothing more to see this happen with our baby in a few years.