Chapter 15

Too bothered to care about my hair right now, I hurriedly went through the clothes I have with me, mentally, as I pull on my undergarments for any piece that can help my cover this up without make up. Done with it, I get out of the bathroom with the towel thrown in the towel in my hair when the sound of someone shuffling in the closet alerts me.

My first instinct of fight makes me grab the nearest thing, which happens to be a long vase and walk to the closet in slow and steady steps.

And forget about my little state of undress.

I stop at the entrance of the closet, dropping the vase as I huff in exasperation, "Really Jay?" Hearing my voice, he turns to face me but his eyes drop from my face to my body, "ever heard of knocking or informing someone before entering their rooms?"

I cross my arms on my chest, but realise why his eyes drifted down. His blue eyes snap back to mine, both wide in a deer caught in headlight look. He gulps, looking away as he throws one of his shirts my way for cover. Catching it quickly, I put it on swiftly, the atmosphere tense.

I awkwardly clear my throat once I have buttoned up the shirt, making him look at me. Once again his eyes do a quick sweep over my being, eyes stopping at his marks that peep out of his large shirt, the blue orbs shining in a sense of pride and adoration.

The emotions in his eyes, and the ones that run through me are too much for me to handle. So I speak in a cold voice, seeming as in control as I can, "Want to answer?"

I did remember that I asked him something, but what, that I had forgotten with the wild emotions in me.

He raises an eyebrow, his husky voice sending a shiver down my spine, "Princess, a man needs clothes. Something you didn't think before claiming the room."

"Ah..." I nod, and proceed to force my legs to walk in towards my side of closet to take out a pair of light wash jeans.

"By the way," He speaks, coming close behind me and leaning a bit to bring his face near mine. I freeze, my heart thudding inside me as his lips graze my ear, "Black lace and my claim look nice on you Love."

Blood rushes to my face, as I take in a sharp breath in. His low, deep chuckle can be heard as he walks out.

Running my hand through my hair, I ruffle them up and take deep breathe, cursing myself and him for last night. My ringing phone snaps me out of the self-reprimanding and a hurriedly pull on my chosen jeans, wobbling my way to the device while doing so.

I answer it, buttoning up and picking it as I rush back to my clothes with the phone on speaker, "Hey Mason!"

"Ash, you sound cheery. Are you okay?"

I wince, another slip up, and tug out my turtle neck top, happy that at least the weather seems to support me. "Yeah... I am. Are you guys here?"

"Yes, we are in your building's parking."

"Oh," I put the phone on the clothes in the shelf and start unbuttoning Jayden's shirt, "Give me a sec. I am coming." I cut the call with one hand, and yank the shirt and put on my top, keeping my hair down. I grab my phone, slipping it in my pocket as I pick Jayden's shirt and stuff it in my side of closet.

I run out, take up my bag with my assignment and stuff, and continue to run out of the apartment.

"Hey."

Arms wrap themselves around me, muscular and protective, encasing me in warmth. I hug him back, smiling softly before pulling back, "What was that for?"