Chapter 5

The cold water drops falling from the shower head seems to add onto the feeling of passion that surrounded the young couple. The boy’s eyes took note of the features of the girl in his arms.

Her beautiful grey eyes that were surrounded by thick, long lashes and that cute little nose, then the plump pink lips that were now swollen and red due to their previous activities.

His hand, that was busy drawing patterns on her naked back, slid down till it reached her butt and picked her up, making her wrap her legs around his waist. She let out a gasp at his sudden gesture before the boy captured her lips into another kiss.

Once contend with his kiss, he left her lips to trace small, open mouth kisses down her jaw to her ears.

“I love you so much, princess.”

A gasp tore through my lips as I suddenly gain conscience, eliciting a series of coughs from the depth of my throat. Once the coughs subside, I take in the cold, murky room with dark grey walls around me. I was deposited on a chair with my hands cuffed with chains that were attached to the table. The wall in front of me had a door that had two guards stationed with each having at least two weapons with them.
I relaxed back.

A few minutes later, the door opens and a guy with as blonde hair enters the room and casually walks to the chair that was placed on the other side of the table. He looked to be in his mid twenties but his aura gave off a creepy and sadistic vibe, alerting me.

I immediately find myself on guard with this unfamiliar man in front of me, with his dark eyes studying me in a calculative manner.

“So, you apparently killed Kane?” His tone suggesting clearly, he didn’t believe what he just said.

My grey eyes hardening at his obvious tone, “And who would you be?”

“Payton Baxton,” he leans down to bring his face closer to mine, “But for you, I can be your daddy.”

I resisted the urge to snort, rolling my eyes at his cheap flirting.

“How about this? You do your job here and take your daddy issues somewhere else?”

His nose flared in anger, face flushing as his jaw clenched. Looks like I stuck a nerve right here.

“You weren’t supposed to be here, Payton.”

A familiar voice called out. Although I knew him, I still felt a tinge of disappointment when I realised, it wasn’t the voice I was waiting to hear. Nonetheless, I relaxed myself, making myself seem as nonchalant as possible, as Michael entered the room making Payton leave after nodding at his senior.
Michael, or Mike, was Jayden Carter’s right hand man and his best friend in the world of crime. They met when Carter first joined the gang years ago and they bonded over time.

I heard a sharp intake of breath and that sound triggered an unmistakable emotion of deep satisfaction in me. Who would have thought that the coldest of the cold people can be caught by surprise? I smirked, keeping my eyes focused on Mike as he paled under the low light of the room.

“Surprise, surprise dear Mike.”

The man in front of me flinched at the taunting note in my voice. He hurried over to my side in panic.

“Ashlyn? Oh my god… y-you are alive?”

His breaking voice amused me and I let the chuckle escape. Had it been before what happened that night, I would have different emotions in me. But, alas, a night was all it took for me to realise how incredibly naïve I had been.